Rawlings HOH made in USA ?'s.....

This is an archive section - it is read only

Rawlings HOH made in USA ?'s.....

Postby RedSoxFan81 » April 25th, 2008, 3:25 am

My first question regarding the Rawlings HOH made in the USA models is, what sizes were offered in the PRO 1000 model with the conventional back? My other question is, is there any way to obtain any HOH made in the USA leather anymore not the whole glove , but just the different web patterns offered?
RedSoxFan81
Gold Glove Poster

Postby WANTED_USA-HOHs » April 25th, 2008, 11:49 pm

All the 1000's are 12 inch gloves. I'm not sure on an answer to your other question.
WANTED_USA-HOHs
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby RedSoxFan81 » April 26th, 2008, 9:48 am

Oh interesting.I don't know why I was thinking that they were 11.5" gloves? Thanks again.
RedSoxFan81
Gold Glove Poster

Postby docglov » April 26th, 2008, 10:34 am

There is only one Pro 1000 pattern and its 12" Don't know for sure what you want as your statement about old leather webs for 1000. As for leather difference. There is a total difference between ea style, PP is a leather tanned overseas some where but probably useing america hides. HOH should be the same no matter where from as HOH stands for the area you cut to get your glove, The true Heart of the hide is about a 3 ft X4 ft stripe along the back bone which is by far stronger than the rest of the hide as it doesn't grow or stretch like the belly ( as is true in my case also) this leaves a lot of leather not used there is the reason for higher price. lower level gloves are from complete hide alowing us to make less expense models. To much info huh was born to preach or run for office not sure which.
Glove making class 102
docglov
Gold Glove Poster

Postby Cowboy7130 » April 26th, 2008, 2:56 pm

Not too much information at all! Great stuff!
*frantically taking notes in my favorite class on my schedule* :? :D
Yes, I still have my first glove.
Cowboy7130
Gold Glove Poster

Postby RedSoxFan81 » April 27th, 2008, 9:32 pm

Thanks DocGlove I love hearing all the info pertaining to these gloves.The reason I asked if the sizes varied in the PRO 1000 model of the HOH made in USA gloves is when i'd see them on ebay in the past every person had different sizes listed 11.5" , 11 3/4" etc. So I wanted to make sure before I purchased one. The other thing I was referring to was if it was possible to still obtain webs from the HOH made in the USA gloves.For example if I purchased a PRO 1000 that had a basket web, and I wanted to swap in an H web instead, would it be possible to find a web to swap in of the same HOH USA leather?
RedSoxFan81
Gold Glove Poster

For Docglov

Postby GloveGypsy » April 27th, 2008, 9:50 pm

docglov,

I am interested in a tan colored HOH. The camel and black gloves are attractive, just not my preference.

Do you know when tan or wheat colored leather will be an option?

Also, at an increased cost, is it possible for me to get tan Horween leather? I figured since I am going through the effort to have a custom glove made, why not go all-out and get the deluxe deal.

Thanks,
Glove Gypsy
-Glove Gypsy
GloveGypsy
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby RedSoxFan81 » May 10th, 2008, 3:50 pm

I know the HOH USA gloves take longer to break in, but once you start breaking them in do they avoid getting floppy like other gloves that have seen a ton of use? I am stuck between buying a USA made HOH and a regular non USA HOH. Just was curious, because if the USA model doesn't get floppy i'd probably pay more and get one. I've always liked my gloves to retain some shape, and have a little stiffness in the pinky/thumb finger stalls.
RedSoxFan81
Gold Glove Poster

Postby MVALZ » May 10th, 2008, 5:56 pm

The words 'floppy' and 'Heart of the Hide' don't belong in the same sentence. I own several (OK,maybe more than that :oops: ) of both USA and Philipenes and they're both top quality. I've been using a Morton 6HF for 3 full seasons at SS and its retained its shape beautifully. Do not hesitate to grab a non USA HOH, but know the USA models were special.
MVALZ
Gold Glove Poster

Postby RedSoxFan81 » May 10th, 2008, 6:28 pm

I am on the fence of purchasing a USA HOH. I've just been trying find out from a performance standpoint what the difference would be between USA HOH's and non USA models.I have had a 9JB HOH non USA, a pro preferred( which was hands down not close to any of my HOH's) and a PRO TROY 25 closed back single post 12". The pro troy is getting a tad soft for my liking. I guess I could send it to get restrung to tighten it up a bit.Is there any way to stiffen the pinky/thumb finger stalls ? I just picked up a non USA PRO 12-2JB, I like it, should be a good glove once broken in.
RedSoxFan81
Gold Glove Poster

Postby opticsp » May 10th, 2008, 8:44 pm

Well, I just got lucky and found a Pro T HOH USA (BLB01) at a shop down the street from me. I waverd because I really didn't think I need another glove. Then one day, I went in to see if it was still there and it was. I bought it. The store owner said that it had been hanging in his store since '93. When I first got it it was stiff and I could barely get my hand in it. Now, a few weeks later, it is starting to soften up and I can barely get it out of my hands. It is so sweet I can't stand it. So, if you are on the fence about getting a USA HOH take my advice: if you find a sweet one, GET IT!
Last edited by opticsp on May 11th, 2008, 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
opticsp
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby Cusser » May 11th, 2008, 10:29 am

My experience (see photos in Glove Pictures section) with HOH gloves is that they take a while to break in (likely the leather is better and/or thicker) but last an unbelievably long time. I just had my '60 HOH re-lined.
Cusser
Veteran Glove Poster

Return to Archive - Modern Glove Information