HOH catchers mitts

This is an archive section - it is read only

HOH catchers mitts

Postby Musashi » March 25th, 2008, 9:36 pm

Did the Rawlings HOH catchers' mitts from the mid-90's come with deer tanned cowhide linings, or did they come with HOH linings, or something else? I'm guessing that if they did come with the deer tanned lining, they'd say so on the inside, and they'd be the typical camel-ish color, right? I have a pretty beat up 32" Horween HOH (AEA01), with all the gold markings pretty much gone, except the date code and the "Gold Glove Series" on the thumb. The palm lining seems to be heavy black HOH-ish leather, but the underside of the wrist seems to be the deer tanned-type leather.
Musashi
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby boz2730 » March 25th, 2008, 11:28 pm

I have a few gloves from this era. Here is what I have and their linings:

PRO-LTF: early '90s and has the regular Horween lining
PRO-LTFB: mid '90s and has regular Horween lining, but with Deer Tanned backing to the wrist
PRO-10CMB: mid/late '90s and has a stiff cream Deer Tanned lining (not stamped)
PRO-LTC Custom: late '90s and has the regular Horween lining
PRO-CMD: late '90s and a a stiff light brown Deer Tanned lining
PRO-10CMOT: late '90s and has a stiff light brown Deer Tanned lining
PRO-CM Custom: late '90s has a stiff light brown Deer Tanned lining

Matt
boz2730
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby Musashi » March 26th, 2008, 12:13 am

Thanks for the list, Matt! Just by the description, I'm guessing it's a PRO-LTFB: (mid '90s, regular Horween lining, Deer Tanned backing to the wrist) - could you (or anyone out there) confirm this for me by the pics?

Musashi
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby Musashi » March 26th, 2008, 12:14 am

Musashi
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby Musashi » March 26th, 2008, 12:15 am

Musashi
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby boz2730 » March 26th, 2008, 8:03 am

Yup, that's a PRO-LTFB.
boz2730
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby Musashi » March 26th, 2008, 3:55 pm

Thanks again Matt - I'm not sure if you can make it out in the picture, but the wriststrap is busted (and missing the D-ring), and there's a missing lace (which I don't think attaches to anything else) near the top of the bottom half of the 2-piece webbing. Do you think that this is something worth sending off to Kenny Jenkins to bring back a little of it's old luster? This was an older mitt of mine that I "loaned" to a cousin who was playing HS ball a few years back...when I was visiting his parent's place last week, I came across it in their garage and I reclaimed it. It's still kind of floppy, though I have spent some time conditioning it, and cleaning a few years of grime off of it, so at least it looks a ton better now than when I first got it back. I can't say that I have a playing history with this mitt, but it is (or was) a nice Horween that I wouldn't mind displaying in my home office.
Musashi
Veteran Glove Poster

Return to Archive - Modern Glove Information