eastbay pic"s #2

This is an archive section - it is read only

eastbay pic"s #2

Postby docglov » March 24th, 2008, 11:19 am

[img][img]http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg254/docglov/glovesgroup.jpg[/img]

[/img]Image
docglov
Gold Glove Poster

Postby swingman » March 24th, 2008, 3:34 pm

WOW I just realized that was a long sheet of camel leather you had the gloves on
:shock:
swingman
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby spedrunr » March 24th, 2008, 4:16 pm

nice to see the good ol' Made in USA stamping again :D
spedrunr
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

wow!

Postby Cowboy7130 » March 24th, 2008, 5:09 pm

Those are almost too beautiful to play with! :shock:
Yes, I still have my first glove.
Cowboy7130
Gold Glove Poster

Rawlings stamp off-centered on heel

Postby splinters » March 24th, 2008, 11:28 pm

Anyone else notice the "Rawlings" stamping on the palm ( heel of the glove is not centered correctly? I have felt the quality controls of the gloves made in the phillipines was a huge improvement of the gloves that were made in the U.S..........maybe there is still some quality controls issues with the gloves being made in the U.S. again? -matt
splinters
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby docglov » March 25th, 2008, 10:36 am

gosh splinters your kinda hard on us americans, I had no idea we were putting that stamp in the wrong place these past 100 years sorry I can see where this would cause a player some major problems
docglov
Gold Glove Poster

Postby glovemedic » March 25th, 2008, 10:54 am

docglov wrote:..... I had no idea we were putting that stamp in the wrong place these past 100 years

I can't say this has ever been an issue to me. Its always been more about how the glove flexed and felt on my hand. As far as my fielding ability, I'm sure it wasn't the stamping that let the ball get through my legs, but more about keeping my butt down and back flat, glove on the ground, and eye on the ball.
Chuck Faulkner
The Glove Medic
Tazewell, TN 37879

http://www.glovemedic.com
glovemedic
Veteran Glove Poster

collect not play

Postby splinters » March 25th, 2008, 1:06 pm

my playing days are long gone, havent played in about 12 years. As a collector of gloves ( rawlings hoh, pro pref, primo....mizuno pro limited...and occasionally wilson ) craftsmanship is the most important factor to me.....I know a stamp off centered or a label sewn on crooked does not affect play but it is important to glove collectors...I purchase about 5-6 gloves per month...have about 75-100 gloves at any given time, buy, sell, trade, etc.... When I get a glove that has a blem, stain, etc I usually sell/trade it...these factors might not concern someone who is going to use the glove, but a lot of collectors on this board it is important.....I would be dissapointed if I spent $300 on a custom personalized USA HOH glove and the stamping was crooked/off centered....I would not be able to flip it with my name on it.....I would rather spend $300 on ebay for another Primo....By the way, can't wait for the Primo line to expand to more than 4 models.....have 2 of each model and love them...probably would not want to play with one (weight, etc) but craftsmanship is A+
splinters
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby swingman » March 25th, 2008, 3:30 pm

I really don't see anything wrong with the glove, stamping wise. I think these gloves are hand crafted rather then machine constructed which I think is the process over in the Philippines. I think the craftsmanship look great though.

If you want to talk about bad craftsmanship look at some of the Nokonas. The stitching looks like a heart monitor in some places.
swingman
Veteran Glove Poster

Re: collect not play

Postby swingman » March 25th, 2008, 3:33 pm

splinters wrote:my playing days are long gone, havent played in about 12 years. As a collector of gloves ( rawlings hoh, pro pref, primo....mizuno pro limited...and occasionally wilson ) craftsmanship is the most important factor to me.....I know a stamp off centered or a label sewn on crooked does not affect play but it is important to glove collectors...I purchase about 5-6 gloves per month...have about 75-100 gloves at any given time, buy, sell, trade, etc.... When I get a glove that has a blem, stain, etc I usually sell/trade it...these factors might not concern someone who is going to use the glove, but a lot of collectors on this board it is important.....I would be dissapointed if I spent $300 on a custom personalized USA HOH glove and the stamping was crooked/off centered....I would not be able to flip it with my name on it.....I would rather spend $300 on ebay for another Primo....By the way, can't wait for the Primo line to expand to more than 4 models.....have 2 of each model and love them...probably would not want to play with one (weight, etc) but craftsmanship is A+

Are you going to flip these primos or do you just have them on display for personal pleasure, because that's alot of primos for the price they are.
swingman
Veteran Glove Poster

primos

Postby splinters » March 25th, 2008, 3:53 pm

I try to keep 2 gloves of each model I like. Not planning on selling any of them...Picked them up on ebay over the past year for $250- $280 each....There have been a few sellers who are selling these on ebay for these prices at auction, which is basically dealer cost or below...havent seen any good prices on them in a few months.
splinters
Veteran Glove Poster

gloves

Postby splinters » March 25th, 2008, 4:08 pm

I don't display my gloves ( wife would throw them in the garbage)...I have a whole closet full of them......some people drink, use drugs, I buy baseball gloves
splinters
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby swingman » March 25th, 2008, 4:21 pm

For being a collector thats really good to have 2 pairs of each primo. :shock: That's almost $2400 in italian leather baseball gloves. Hope your wife doesn't follow up on the glove prices.
swingman
Veteran Glove Poster

gloves

Postby splinters » March 25th, 2008, 4:28 pm

I went a little overboard the last 6 months...buying 1-2 gloves a week...I am trying to cut down and even selling a few here and there.
splinters
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby boz2730 » March 26th, 2008, 8:23 pm

Doc,
Can you tell us what models will have the "V" anchor or "reinforced pocket" as some call it on the back/bottom of the web?

Thanks.

Matt
boz2730
Rookie Glove Poster

Next

Return to Archive - Modern Glove Information