Wilson W015 "Shooting Star"

This is an archive section - it is read only

Wilson W015 "Shooting Star"

Postby Cowboy7130 » March 12th, 2008, 12:12 pm

I just got this Wilson in the mail yesterday. I know, I know, I said I was going to stop going for the bargain gloves and start upgrading my collection with more collectible gloves, but ... I have an addiction, OK? There, I said it ...

So anyway, what interested me about this glove was the palm. This is obviously not a higher-end Wilson, it was made in Taiwan, but it has the Pro Model Shooting Star in the palm. I thought I would put in a minimum bid just for the heck of it, and lo and behold, I got it. When I got it in the mail yesterday, I was amazed at how good the leather is in this glove, inside and out. A few dried and cracked lacings will need replaced in the near future, and there is some freckling on the back side, as if it was accidentally splattered with some kind of oil. The palm side is almost pristine, other than a typical glove oil stain in the center. It feels great, it is in good shape, and it fits my hand perfectly. It is a good size for me; not too big for baseball, but big enough for softball when I play catch with my future step-daughter. Obviously, I am very happy with the glove!

Does anyone have any information on this model number? I could not find it in the books, unless my eyes are worse than I thought and I just didn't see it. I would like to know how old it is, how it stacked up as far as quality in the Wilson line at the time, etc.

Yes, I still have my first glove.
Cowboy7130
Gold Glove Poster

Postby Mike_2007 » March 12th, 2008, 1:41 pm

Congrats Cowboy - looks like a nice glove! I like the light colored leather. I would try and keep the color light by using something like Lexol NF on it which does not darken the leather ( I prefer it to regular Lexol).
Mike_2007
Gold Glove Poster

Return to Archive - Modern Glove Information