Rawlings Gloves With Professional Names

This is an archive section - it is read only

Rawlings Gloves With Professional Names

Postby red_sox_fan86 » March 10th, 2008, 1:31 pm

Does anyone know of a website that will stitch the names of professional players onto gloves? Rawlings won't do it, probably because they would have to pay the players. At Rawlings stores they have gloves of Jeter, A-Rod, Pujols, and some others in cases, but they aren't for sale, and they have three dots after the players' name so they can't be sold as game issued.

The only idea I have is to take a glove to Downtown Disney in Orlando. There's a Disney store there that has a small Rawlings corner. They only have a few Gold Glove models, but they stitch your name on, and I asked if I could bring in a glove to have stitched, and they said as long as it was Rawlings. They might stitch any name on it depending on the employee.
Last edited by red_sox_fan86 on March 10th, 2008, 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
red_sox_fan86
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby docglov » March 10th, 2008, 2:48 pm

Rawlings issue with adding a real players name is the very honest memrobilia market (hack hack). Afew years ago someone sneaked a Andrew Jones model past my girls. even though he never wore our glove it went on ebay for some bucks I only caught it when he ordered another one. So on the American made ones I watch it very closely. I was the first to add dots to their names years ago when some of the heavy customers were able to get big orders through because of their clout and the money they spent with us. So I added the dots on my own in order to help someone know what they were buying if they went to the trouble to check.

Bob

P.S this place could use a spell check ha
docglov
Gold Glove Poster

Postby vintagebrett » March 10th, 2008, 7:51 pm

It's refreshing to know that Rawlings does not sew names of professional players onto the gloves - with all of the crap out there in the "game used" world, it would be easy for someone to try and pass off gloves that aren't authentic.

As for the spell check, if you use a "real" browser like Safari or Firefox, it will do the spell checking for you - I don't think the folks at Microsoft have caught onto this yet and added into Internet Explorer - I could be wrong, I never use IE though so I don't know. :lol:
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Postby red_sox_fan86 » March 13th, 2008, 12:58 pm

I've already got this one, but I'm looking for other players.

http://s266.photobucket.com/albums/ii26 ... 081247.jpg
red_sox_fan86
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby Mike_2007 » March 13th, 2008, 5:10 pm

What is a Red Sox fan doing with a Yankee glove?? I am willing to take it off your hands as a favor :lol:
Mike_2007
Gold Glove Poster

Return to Archive - Modern Glove Information