Mizuno GCP86 Classic 13"...???

This is an archive section - it is read only

Mizuno GCP86 Classic 13"...???

Postby yankeenick831 » February 17th, 2008, 5:50 pm

I currently have a Mizuno GCP86 Classic 13" glove on Ebay and several people have said that this model is a 12.75"glove.The 13" is stamped on the inside of the thumb next to the model #.If anyone knows anything about this please let me know. :shock:[img][img]http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii299/yankeenick831/Image1.jpg[/img]
yankeenick831
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby BretMan » February 17th, 2008, 6:33 pm

In general, the glove "pattern" size is not an exact measurement. Think of it more as a nominal size- like when you but a 2 X 4 piece of lumber, it doesn't measure exactly 2 inches by 4 inches.

It's not unusual for a glove to measure a bit off from the size stamped on it. Being 1/4" off isn't unusual and I have seen them be off as much as 1/2". Every manufacturer seems to measure a little bit differently.

Adding to the variation is that the pattern size is determined by a measurement taken before the glove is sewn and assembled- that is, as the pattern is laid out on a flat piece of leather. The manufacturing process can introduce some variation as the glove is cut, stitched, shaped, etc.

You can measure the size on your glove and see how close it is to the stamped dimension. Using a flexible tape measure, start at the top of the fore finger, right beside the web. Run the tape straight down the finger and through the palm, bending the tape to follow the curving contour of the pocket, keeping the tape flat against the glove. Do this until you get to the wrist opening. That will give you the true size of the glove.
Click to Visit >> The Glove Shop On-Line
BretMan
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Postby yankeenick831 » February 17th, 2008, 8:07 pm

Bret,thanks for the info... :D
yankeenick831
Rookie Glove Poster

Return to Archive - Modern Glove Information