Wilson Force 1

This is an archive section - it is read only

Wilson Force 1

Postby Cowboy7130 » February 2nd, 2008, 3:26 am

Just snagged a mint Wilson Force 1 A9854 softball glove off of e-bay the other day, and got it in the mail today. Admittedly, not an A-2000, but a pretty decent glove, nonetheless. Looks like it has never caught a ball, much less been broken in. Still stiff and shiny!

It seems very similar to my Wilson A9835 SB-Special, my very first e-bay purchase. (Well, duh, Cowboy, look at the model numbers!), but just a bit bigger ... a 12.5 inch as opposed to a 12 inch model. Also, the A9835 was made in Korea, as plainly seen on the wrist patch, but the A9854 was made in Taiwan, according to a tiny stamp on the back side of the pinky finger.

A neat feature, hard to see in the pictures of the Force 1: the Wilson label on the back wrist strap is recessed, or framed, in the leather. It gives the label a richer, 3D look.

Love that chocolate brown look!

A9835 interior; SB Special stamp is very similar to Force 1 stamp. In fact, all stampings are identical. (Grip-Tite Pocket, Nylon Stitched, Snap-Action in the hinge, etc.)

Peas in a pod ...

In the near future, I would like to add a Mint or Near-Mint Force 2 and Force 3 glove to my collection.
Yes, I still have my first glove.
Cowboy7130
Gold Glove Poster

Return to Archive - Modern Glove Information