New Rawlings Custom Program through Eastbay

This is an archive section - it is read only

New Rawlings Custom Program through Eastbay

Postby swingman » January 25th, 2008, 3:12 am

Just received my Fielders Choice Eastbay catalog and lo and behold just like Toad mentioned in the Rawlings pro shop gloves post Rawlings has presented a new custom program. Not alot of new features but one of them is the camel color option for Heart of the Hide (very cool, but I wonder is it the same tone of color as the pro preferreds ?). However there is only two base colors to choose from black and camel (no tan!). As you will see in the picture on the lefthand side the program claims to feature options like the pro s would have. The glove is oiled so that kinda sucks and no mention of horween or kip leather (just regular heart of the hide leather). A St. Louis Custom Shop stamp will be on the thumb side of the palm. Also it will include a care kit, a bag, and extra lace. I will have to email eastbay to find out a little more about it and to see if they left out the option for script or block lettering for the name embroidery.

Share what you think, and if there is better out there.
Last edited by swingman on January 25th, 2008, 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
swingman
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby BretMan » January 25th, 2008, 8:14 am

No tan?

:cry:
BretMan
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Re: New Rawlings Custom Program through Eastbay

Postby docglov » January 25th, 2008, 9:54 am

Glad the new catalog is out. The camel color is Horween which means its a tanned in color and not a painted color the color will be a little different form pro prefered Just like tan it can run to shades depending on ea hide but still nice. The oil is not like you think its just a horween developed oil added very lightly in the pocket. Just like I do A-Rods gamer each year. It improves the feel. I would have prefered adding the old tan and maybe that will happen down the road. My opnion on these gloves is they will be some of the best. I really hope some of you will try these, but hard to sell feel from a catalog. ha.
BC
glove designer
docglov
Gold Glove Poster

Postby Mike_2007 » January 25th, 2008, 3:48 pm

Is this available on-line? Is there a link? Sounds promising - & thanks for the additional details docglove!
Mike_2007
Gold Glove Poster

Postby Mike_2007 » January 25th, 2008, 3:51 pm

docglov,

So how different is the black leather from the camel(horween) leather? Why didn't horween supply the black leather?
Mike_2007
Gold Glove Poster

Postby swingman » January 25th, 2008, 4:30 pm

Mike_2007 wrote:Is this available on-line? Is there a link? Sounds promising - & thanks for the additional details docglove!

Eastbay has not included the custom program in there site. I'm sure it will be up soon.
swingman
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby Mike_2007 » January 25th, 2008, 5:50 pm

thanks for posting the catalog info swingman! Let us know what combo you would order :)
Mike_2007
Gold Glove Poster

Postby docglov » January 28th, 2008, 10:38 am

[my error the black is Horween also. probably a week away from being able to produce. strickly a paper work issue at this point
docglov
Gold Glove Poster

Re: New Rawlings Custom Program through Eastbay

Postby golfswing » January 30th, 2008, 3:14 pm

docglov wrote:Glad the new catalog is out. The camel color is Horween which means its a tanned in color and not a painted color the color will be a little different form pro prefered Just like tan it can run to shades depending on ea hide but still nice. The oil is not like you think its just a horween developed oil added very lightly in the pocket. Just like I do A-Rods gamer each year. It improves the feel. I would have prefered adding the old tan and maybe that will happen down the road. My opnion on these gloves is they will be some of the best. I really hope some of you will try these, but hard to sell feel from a catalog. ha.
BC
glove designer

BC
I am very interested in ordering one of these gloves for my son. After looking at the eastbay catalog, I have a few questions that maybe you can help me with.

If you choose not to have a name emb on the thumb, will "Rawlings" be scripted on the thumb? If not, can you request that "Rawlings" be scripted on the thumb?

Can you choose a color for the lining or will it be camel or black depending on the leather color?

Can you add a palm pad?

Is it ok to go ahead and place an order through eastbay or should we wait until all of the paper work issues have been resolved?

Thanks for your time and input.
GS
golfswing
Veteran Glove Poster

Return to Archive - Modern Glove Information