Modern Guys I need some more help

This is an archive section - it is read only

Modern Guys I need some more help

Postby softball66 » January 7th, 2008, 9:18 am

As some of you know, I'm a bit ignorant on the latest gloves. I have picked up (yet another) Wilson glove that I need help with. My new computer is not up so I still can't post a picture. I've done a little google and eBay search on the internet with no luck.
Here's the stamping on this glove: "Pro 1000" in circle in palm. On little finger inside is stamped "Broken In-Soft Leater" and underneath that: "12 inch, A1743 PS". On back of little finger "Made In China" with what I understand is the dating code of "JCP" underneath. It has Wilson Major League logo embroidery on the outside little finger and the Circle Wilson, spelled out Logo on the wrist, and a couple more circle W logos. American Tanned stamping on back middle finger. Dual Hinged web.
I'm surprised that Wilson has borrowed the old Rawlings Pro 1000 name for this glove.
Any help will be appreciated. - Joe
:?:
softball66
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Wilson "Pro 1000"

Postby GloveGypsy » January 7th, 2008, 3:04 pm

Joe,

Could it be that this glove is a knock-off? If the Chinese can decrypt Windows software, make perfect copies of Swiss wrist watches, I am certain they could knock-off a Wilson ball glove.

Caution is to be used on any lead-based painted surfaces!!!!

-Glove Gypsy
-Glove Gypsy
GloveGypsy
Veteran Glove Poster

some pix and news Wilson Pro 1000

Postby softball66 » February 28th, 2008, 10:18 am

[img][img]http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg240/popcorkhill/wilsonpro1000fnt.jpg[/img]

[img][img]http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg240/popcorkhill/wilsonpro1000bk.jpg[/img]
here are some shots of this rare Wilson Pro 1000 (lefty) and sorry, it was taken by utube. Friend Joe Gilligan did find another on the internet and different number and 11 3/4. This one is 12" and why Wilson made these in 1/4 inch increments ??!! With this soft pebbly leather, am guessing the early 1990s.[/img]
softball66
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Postby dwags4him » March 10th, 2008, 6:43 pm

I actually had an identical glove....but it had a different stamp on the inside of the palm....and of course I have forgotten what it was....

I got the glove at the Fleet Farm in Antigo, WI for $55 in 2002, used it for a couple of years, and gave it away after it had been broken in perfectly. (I just don't need another perfect glove.)

The kid I gave it too was offered $200 for it....I guess due to the feel of the glove.

The thing I did not like about it was those darned 'cool-max' finger dividers....

Otherwise it was/is a fine glove....but not for serious ball...

Dave
David Wagner
Play It Again Sports Northbrook
847-564-9180

I service all gloves brought to PIAS Schaumburg, Villa Park, Oak Lawn, and Northbrook.

847-899-5423 [Cell]
dwags4him
Veteran Glove Poster

Return to Archive - Modern Glove Information