Mizuno World Win

This is an archive section - it is read only

World Win V MWV-600 Japan Glove

Postby splinters » January 8th, 2008, 1:46 am

decided to put my Mizuno World Win V Model MWV-600 made in Japan, never used glove on ebay. I am going to list it tomorrow night...ebay ID: jerseys2003 Hopefully it will go to a fellow forum member. -matt
splinters
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby Mike_2007 » January 8th, 2008, 8:08 pm

Come on people, let's see some Mizunos! A beaut from Japan:

Why can't we get these sweet gloves in the US? The Japanese are keeping them for themselves!!

Mike_2007
Gold Glove Poster

Postby Mike_2007 » January 8th, 2008, 8:42 pm

Let's figure out a way to order these rom Japan:

Mike_2007
Gold Glove Poster

How much?

Postby splinters » January 8th, 2008, 9:43 pm

First off, what is the conversion to US dollars? Second what will the duty/taxes be? Is it worth it? -Matt
splinters
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby swingman » January 9th, 2008, 1:24 am

I like where this thread is heading. We might have to start a new post about figuring out how to order stuff from Japan. I think we could all agree the craftsmanship from the majority of the glove manufactures from Japan is excellent. I have encountered many Korean and Japanese baseball gear websites and seen some impressive stuff but was not able to do anything due to the language barrier even with a translated version of the site. Language, money conversion and the possibility of them shipping overseas is some of the issues that come up.

Hopefully someone can assist with these issues. I'm going to see what answers I could come up with.

I guess it's time for me to make some new friends with foreign exchange students.
swingman
Veteran Glove Poster

GPT-5

Postby glove-works » January 19th, 2008, 11:37 pm

Glove-Works
Home of "the Works"
Glove Repair/Restoration & Sales
www.glove-works.com
glove-works
Gold Glove Poster

Postby MVALZ » January 20th, 2008, 8:13 am

You Gott a keeper there Mike! Very hard to find mid 80's model. Nice pick up!!
MVALZ
Gold Glove Poster

Postby Mike_2007 » January 21st, 2008, 1:23 am

Andy Fox glove:

Mike_2007
Gold Glove Poster

Postby MVALZ » January 26th, 2008, 10:13 am

Built like a tank! MWV-710 Awesome leather :D
MVALZ
Gold Glove Poster

Postby spedrunr » September 7th, 2008, 6:52 pm

bloo is coo too 8)

spedrunr
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Postby dodgerblue » September 7th, 2008, 11:38 pm

swingman wrote:I like where this thread is heading. We might have to start a new post about figuring out how to order stuff from Japan. I think we could all agree the craftsmanship from the majority of the glove manufactures from Japan is excellent. I have encountered many Korean and Japanese baseball gear websites and seen some impressive stuff but was not able to do anything due to the language barrier even with a translated version of the site. Language, money conversion and the possibility of them shipping overseas is some of the issues that come up.

Hopefully someone can assist with these issues. I'm going to see what answers I could come up with.

I guess it's time for me to make some new friends with foreign exchange students.
ive purchases 2 japan model gloves -zett and this custom japan made mizuno from shigeko at www.us-sports4world.com ,he is a mizuno k-klub shope wich can order any current japan models avaliable custom or stock,although expensive ,imo are the best avaliable anywhere - youll find the options are also ,he is a super guy to deal with and answer any number of q,s you may have . ImageImageImage
dodgerblue
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby Musashi » September 8th, 2008, 2:24 am

Hopping up my Miata (yeah, yeah, save the "chick car" comments, I've heard 'em all) is one of my other hobbies. Naturally, there's several forums dedicated to people with this unique addiction. One of the great things that the some of the Miata forums do is what's called a "Group Buy".

It works like this - a bunch of forum members decide that they want a particular item (usually, it's the EXACT same item - like a steering wheel, for example). These items are typically not available in the states (almost always from Japan), and if the item does appear in the states, it's almost always obscenely expensive.

Then somehow (and I'm unclear as to exactly how, or through whom, this happens) this group of people approach the manufacturer or distributer, and order this item in bulk, usually at a really huge discount. If the group is large enough, it may even be possible to order something truly custom - for one group buy, a bunch of us got a large manufacturer to custom make 100 sets of wheels to our set of specs. In glover-speak, this might translate into persuading Rawlings (for example) to produce a small run of 11.25" HOH wingtips with single posts in your choice of tan or black...

There seems to be a lot of interest lately with these custom Mizunos - somebody should see if this sort of thing might be possible through us-usports4world.com. Maybe if we can get a bunch of people committed to ordering custom gloves through them, we can get some sort of discount.
Musashi
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby dodgerblue » September 8th, 2008, 2:48 am

Musashi wrote:Hopping up my Miata (yeah, yeah, save the "chick car" comments, I've heard 'em all) is one of my other hobbies. Naturally, there's several forums dedicated to people with this unique addiction. One of the great things that the some of the Miata forums do is what's called a "Group Buy".

It works like this - a bunch of forum members decide that they want a particular item (usually, it's the EXACT same item - like a steering wheel, for example). These items are typically not available in the states (almost always from Japan), and if the item does appear in the states, it's almost always obscenely expensive.

Then somehow (and I'm unclear as to exactly how, or through whom, this happens) this group of people approach the manufacturer or distributer, and order this item in bulk, usually at a really huge discount. If the group is large enough, it may even be possible to order something truly custom - for one group buy, a bunch of us got a large manufacturer to custom make 100 sets of wheels to our set of specs. In glover-speak, this might translate into persuading Rawlings (for example) to produce a small run of 11.25" HOH wingtips with single posts in your choice of tan or black...

There seems to be a lot of interest lately with these custom Mizunos - somebody should see if this sort of thing might be possible through us-usports4world.com. Maybe if we can get a bunch of people committed to ordering custom gloves through them, we can get some sort of discount.
good idea there depending on the details , if there is enough interest i can speak to shigeko about it , keep in mind there are a good number of japan and china made stock gloves exclusive to japan , there are a bit less than the custom gloves of coarse , in the japan 07 mizuno cat stock prices are 250-500.00 depending on if japan or china made , the most expensive gloves use kip and light kip or crest hide leather ,shigeko mentioned most of the japan gloves can only use one insignia on the glove due to advertisement legal concerns =funny , i will shoot him a email with some basic q,s to see where this may go ,mizuno actually flew him out to calif this weekend for some meetings he should be back by tue or so .
dodgerblue
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby Musashi » September 8th, 2008, 3:35 am

I'm totally up for a group buy on some stock Mizuno gloves - and they don't necessarily have to be custom. I for one have always wanted an Ichiro model and a GMP6, but never got one because of the outrageous price tags.
Musashi
Veteran Glove Poster

This is My MZP82...Relaced in black...Its my Gamer

Postby fredderf » September 8th, 2008, 11:39 am

This leather is so nice. Soft, and supple still after eight years. (Made in the Year 2000). I've always been a Rawlings horween kinda guy, but this glove made me love the Mizuno's Pro Limited's from Japan.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3169/276 ... c043_o.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3237/276 ... a024_o.jpg
fredderf
Veteran Glove Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Archive - Modern Glove Information