New addition

This is an archive section - it is read only

New addition

Postby H-webman » October 22nd, 2007, 1:05 pm

If anyone could give me some information on this glove I would really appreciate it???
[img][img]http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb274/Hwebman/HPIM0754.jpg[/img]
Image[/img]
H-webman
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby BretMan » October 22nd, 2007, 1:42 pm

The A2014 Kaline model was introduced in 1965 and sold through at least 1968 (my copy of the Catalog Source Book doesn't have any info for 1969, and in 1970 the Kaline personal model was re-numbered as the A2020).

This was an upper-level glove, and you get a sense of that from the appearance of the glove in your pictures. This model retailed in the $30-$33 range, while the top-line Wilson gloves ran around $45 during those years. So this glove was slotted well above the "mid-priced" offerings and just a notch below the top-line A2000's- about 3/4 of the way up the pricing ladder.

Nice looking glove!
BretMan
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Postby H-webman » October 22nd, 2007, 2:33 pm

Thanks so much for the info. I saw It this model on the "Gloveworks" web page and I have been looking for one since. I had been told it was Wilson's answer to the Rawlings SM6. Is there any truth to that? I pick this up from e-bay and was very surprised that it is like new. Original laces, never broken in just perfect!! It feels no different than any a2000 I own with nice thick leather piping and all. The web is unique and the lace pattern is not like any I've come across. Thanks again for any additional info ya'll might have.
H-webman
Veteran Glove Poster

Of course you realize ...

Postby Cowboy7130 » October 22nd, 2007, 11:46 pm

What a truly spectacular glove! Of course, H-man, my friend, you DO realize that technically, this is NOT an H-web glove, and therefore, is not appropriate to your collection! Since it is a two bar, XXX web glove, and since my baseball jerseys are size XXX, it would be more appropriate in MY collection! :lol: I will be glad to take this glove off your hands at a significantly reduced price ... just pay me $20 and I will be glad to assume ownership of this glove! :lol:
Yes, I still have my first glove.
Cowboy7130
Gold Glove Poster

Return to Archive - Modern Glove Information