1886 Pairpoint Brookline Baseball Trophy

Share your bats, catchers equipment, trophies, pinbacks, pennants, etc., discuss sports or other collecting interests

1886 Pairpoint Brookline Baseball Trophy

Postby Yanks23 » October 7th, 2016, 2:17 pm

Howdy, fellow glovers. Well, I am sure glad we have this section to share our non-glove/mitt stories and acquisitions. I just added a piece that I am very excited about. It is a Pairpoint baseball trophy dated July 5, 1886. I like the early stuff, so that was a win. But more importantly (to me), on one side the trophy is engraved "Brookline July 5, 1886". I live in Brookline, MA. While it is not definitive that this is a trophy that came from/was awarded to a team in Brookline, MA -- since the Pairpoint manufacturing company was founded in 1880 in New Bedford, MA (60 miles south of Brookline), I believe that is where it is from. Some of you know by now that I get a kick out of being able to tie the items in my collection to their original roots. And a big part of the fun is tracking down that specific history. Not always easy, or possible, but the fun is in the hunt. I also like to build out my displays with items that are related in different ways. I have an early 1900s Brookline baseball team picture that the trophy will go next to. Anyway, thought I'd share. It seems like there is some excellent activity in the hobby lately. Keep it up!!!

-- Tim

Brookline Trophy 1.jpg

Brookline Trophy Engraving.jpg
Yanks23
Veteran Glove Poster

Re: 1886 Pairpoint Brookline Baseball Trophy

Postby Rickybulldog » October 7th, 2016, 2:25 pm

Nice pickup. I like the detail on the ring bats.
Rickybulldog
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Postby vintagebrett » October 7th, 2016, 2:45 pm

Very nice! What is the size? Agreed Ricky - love the detail on the ring bats.
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Postby Yanks23 » October 7th, 2016, 3:51 pm

It's not a very big piece...5" tall. Pretty heavy for its size, though.
Yanks23
Veteran Glove Poster

Return to Not a Glove But Still Cool