AHH Spring!!

Share your bats, catchers equipment, trophies, pinbacks, pennants, etc., discuss sports or other collecting interests

AHH Spring!!

Postby theglovester » February 13th, 2014, 2:46 pm

Finally 8) !!! spring training opens up and snow is udder deep :shock: here in East Tenn! Lets hope the Reds can turn the corner...

Be on the look out for a Seattle Mariner prospect, Nick Hill, I taught him in Chemistry and was a reference for him getting into West Point, Great Kid and lefty pitcher. If anyone is in Arizona watching ask for him and mention Coach Droke, Sullivan East High School, He'll turn his head.. Being a lefty Pitcher helps.

You all be safe! Glovester
theglovester
Gold Glove Poster

Re: AHH Spring!!

Postby softball66 » February 13th, 2014, 5:59 pm

Drokester, you didn't teach the young man to "cook" the ball or put funny chemicals on his pitches did you?
What do you think of the civil war bat? Yankee or Reb?
softball66
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Postby theglovester » February 13th, 2014, 7:36 pm

We experimented with the possum fat ball that Jethroe Bodine used in the Beverly Hillbillies, He has it in his arsenal, but possums are kind scarce in Arizona. Ain't armadillos first cousins to possums??? HMMMM....
theglovester
Gold Glove Poster

Postby gwheels16 » February 23rd, 2014, 11:59 pm

Glovester, I talked to Nick Hill today in Peoria Arizona. Of course he remembers you, and remembers your class. I work for the Seattle Mariners currently (and have worked for them for 30 years.) I was Nick's pitching coach in his 1st year up in Everett Washington several years ago, and then again a couple of years ago as he was rehabbing from an arm injury. Nick is a fine young man, and has overcome a lot in his career. This is his 1st major league camp, and we all wish him luck. Gary Wheelock
gwheels16
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby theglovester » February 24th, 2014, 8:33 am

Hey Gary!! Thanks for giving Nick a holler for me!! He was a fun kid to teach and be around, and made East Tennessee proud. He would come by my classroom and visit when on break from West Point in his Uniform.. we would chat a while, but not long..The girl students in my class would faint and I would have to make sure they were alright. They said he was Purty in his uniform???? We are all pulling for him down in Tenn!
theglovester
Gold Glove Poster

Return to Not a Glove But Still Cool