2013 MLB Playoffs

Share your bats, catchers equipment, trophies, pinbacks, pennants, etc., discuss sports or other collecting interests

2013 MLB Playoffs

Postby vintagebrett » October 14th, 2013, 9:04 am

What a night to be at the ball park! Had the opportunity to attend Game 2 of the ALCS at Fenway Park last night and it turned out to be a blast - pun definitely intended. It was frustrating to watch the Sox continue to look terrible at the plate but as Scherzer's pitch count kept growing, I was hopeful they could get into the bullpen. When Ortiz came to bat with the bases loaded you knew something was about to happen - the park was insane after the ball cleared Hunters glove. It's a very neat part of sports to be around 38000 fans who are screaming, jumping up and down and high giving everyone in site! And to repeat the same feeling the next inning with a walk off was even better. William went to the game with me and he had a priceless "I can't believe that just happened smile" after both hits. Up until the eight inning we thought the highlight of the night was going to be Eddie Vedder walking by us. Glad we stuck around - didn't even get upset having to wait 50 minutes to get out of the parking garage.
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Re: 2013 MLB Playoffs

Postby ScottWNJ » October 14th, 2013, 9:34 am

It was great watching on TV, so seeing it in person must have been fantastic. I wasn't thinking Grand Slam when Ortiz came to bat, given the absence of hitting so far. I thought maybe a double would get things going. My wife, who is basically confined to the sofa with a broken ankle (and therefore is forced to watch sports with me) said they need a Grand Slam. Boom! That had to be one of the most exciting home runs ever. It reminded me of Bernie Carbo's game tying home run in Game 6 of the 1975 World Series. The Sox got the monkey off their back and now I think they can go all the way.
Scott W NJ
ScottWNJ
Gold Glove Poster

Postby Number9 » October 14th, 2013, 5:22 pm

Still sporting that smile! Whatta game, whatta guy!
Huntington Base Ball Co.
www.HuntingtonBaseBallCo.com
Number9
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Postby vintagebrett » October 31st, 2013, 7:00 am

Boston Red Sox, 2013 World Series Champions! Hard to believe in just a year how the identity and culture of a team can change so dramatically. The entire season was fun as this team is such an enjoyable team to watch. Woo Hoo!
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Postby softball66 » October 31st, 2013, 12:53 pm

Well, the identity sure changed. I thought I was watching the old "House of David" baseball team. But, that said, you had the Miracle Braves and Miracle Mets but this has
to be the "Miracle Red Sox". Got rid of a lot payroll and picked up some players who wanted to and know how to win! And got their trophy in Boston! Nice speech by Ortiz.
:D
softball66
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Return to Not a Glove But Still Cool