One of my prized possessions!! Any one else got one?

Share your bats, catchers equipment, trophies, pinbacks, pennants, etc., discuss sports or other collecting interests

One of my prized possessions!! Any one else got one?

Postby theglovester » June 25th, 2013, 1:04 am

Hey guys, here are a couple pics of stuff that accentuate the old collection, pretty neat! Yep that is the first recording of "take me out to the ballgame". Bet you didn't know it was a waltz???

When company visits the farmhouse, they ask about the gloves and why I collect them, and I answer it the American thing to do.. I show them a glove that could have gone down with the Titanic, or one that caught a ball before Orville n Wilber flew.. The Family gloves (4 generations) and then ask them "Name 5 songs ALL Americans should know... Jingle Bells, Silent Night, God Bless America, Happy Birthday.. and I start humming Take me out to the ball game and they chime in... ( one of the many reasons Baseball is the best sport) Also is a ratty book by Zane grey, Kinda matches the condition of some of my old gloves..

What Neat stuff do you guys add to the display of your gloves that makes people go WOW or a one of a kind item?? Check out the 1930's worlds fair clock made by Lux i think, I kinda like it, may add one some day..

HEY TIME RUNNING NIGH.. SO LETS VOTE FER OUR YANKEE FRIEND, I JUST DID FOR THE UP TEENTH TIME...
ImageImage
theglovester
Gold Glove Poster

Return to Not a Glove But Still Cool