MLB Tribute to Heroes...VOTE for Jon Popovich!

Share your bats, catchers equipment, trophies, pinbacks, pennants, etc., discuss sports or other collecting interests

2013 MLB ASG: Mariano Rivera

Postby jpop43 » September 3rd, 2013, 12:44 pm

I was so fortunate to be elected the NYY Representative as it allowed me the chance to meet with the Great Mariano Rivera on the date of his final All Star Game. We met prior to the game just outside the locker room and, of course, had our moment out there on the field.

Subsequent to the game, the NYY's invited me to send all of my pictures with Mo to them to have signed...just last week I received them back and couldn't be any happier. All of the pics you see here are ones that he signed for me.
Attachments
with mo in locker room.jpg
with mo on field.jpg
rendering honors.jpg
mos back.jpg
jpop43
Veteran Glove Poster

2013 MLB ASG: Ceremony

Postby jpop43 » September 3rd, 2013, 12:52 pm

Here are a few pics from the actual ceremony...to say that it was humbling would be an understatement. I had the chills the whole time and was very much moved by the reaction of the players, my fellow veterans, and the 46,000 roaring fans.

When Mariano came out to present me with the American Flag that flew over Yankeee Stadium this past Memorial Day, I asked him if this is what it felt like to be on the field for such an occassion....he said yes, but not like this...this one was really special. It was...for both of us.

My thanks to all of you who took the time to place some votes and allow Mariano Rivera the once in a lifetime opportunity to meet me :wink:

JP
Attachments
AL side.jpg
AL players clapping.jpg
name on scoreboard.jpg
ceremony.jpg
ceremony 2.jpg
jpop43
Veteran Glove Poster

Re: MLB Tribute to Heroes...VOTE for Jon Popovich!

Postby ebbets55 » September 5th, 2013, 9:40 pm

I'm so happy for you bud. How cool is that!

Thanks for sharing all those wonderful pics. Now you owe me a beer for voting for you four hundred and something times, ha!

JD
ebbets55
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Postby ScottWNJ » September 6th, 2013, 10:03 pm

I have tears in my eyes looking at these pictures. What an incredible, well deserved opportunity.
Scott W NJ
ScottWNJ
Gold Glove Poster

Postby theglovester » September 6th, 2013, 11:14 pm

Dang, How do you top that!! Congrats Jon, Uh don't worry about the cold brewskie for Jim, He drank the one I bought for you!
theglovester
Gold Glove Poster

Previous

Return to Not a Glove But Still Cool