Hall of Fame signed Baseballs

Share your bats, catchers equipment, trophies, pinbacks, pennants, etc., discuss sports or other collecting interests

Hall of Fame signed Baseballs

Postby Jerry J » February 22nd, 2013, 12:39 am

In my latest trek to antique shops I came across a Yogi Berra coa signed MLB ball. I first saw it that morning and went and had lunch with my wife and fret and stewed over whether I should go and get it. I told myself that it is Yogi; you will never get one of these again and if you did it was going to cost you. So we went back to look at it closer and did some research while we were there. The owner said another guy had been in about 15 minutes before me and had left. Low and behold guess who shows up while I have it in my hands the other guy..... so I bought it. Come to find out he was coming in to get it for his friend that collects Yankee memorabilia. We got to talking and I shared some info on bats and the next thing I know he is pulling out a rare bat that was made by Winchester. Very interesting day none the less!!!! Well every find has its story to be told. This will be one to remember next to Duke Snider and Tony Perez.
Jerry J
Rookie Glove Poster

Re: Hall of Fame signed Baseballs

Postby softball66 » February 23rd, 2013, 6:41 pm

HI Jerry, well add that one to the "Yogi" stories. Sometimes you CAN'T go back as many of us have found out. Your timing was
nearly exact. Congratulations.
I got Yogi to sign a catchers mitt for a friend of mine and before I could ask him where to sign, he signed it upside down. Well, a topic of conversation for my friend.
softball66
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Return to Not a Glove But Still Cool