Card collection find!!

Share your bats, catchers equipment, trophies, pinbacks, pennants, etc., discuss sports or other collecting interests

Card collection find!!

Postby eleet » July 11th, 2012, 12:49 pm

Anyone see this story. Holy Cow he found a gold mine!!!

http://www.semissourian.com/story/1869207.html
eleet
Rookie Glove Poster

Re: Card collection find!!

Postby mlangley5 » July 11th, 2012, 5:47 pm

I read the article as well. WOW!
mlangley5
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby murphusa » July 11th, 2012, 7:25 pm

This is the reason people like Bob McCann, Corey Libby, Brett, myself and others get up early everyday and go out to garage sales, flea markets, Brimfield, Renningers etc

You never know what will come up.
Hell Bent for Leather
murphusa
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Postby deebro041 » July 11th, 2012, 7:57 pm

I do that here in Canada but its just not the same...not even close! Hockey, hockey, hockey or O-Pee-Chee, or D&R, or Cooper Weeks ughhhh! :cry:
deebro041

Postby vintagebrett » July 11th, 2012, 8:20 pm

I'm interested to see how the price goes for the cobbs and wagners. If buyers thought that only one was available it would be a feeding frenzy. Knowing there are more in the pipeline gives the buyers a chance to see how things go. If I find 5 mint in the box stall and dean cobbs tomorrow, I'm only saying I found one! :D
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Postby eleet » July 11th, 2012, 9:05 pm

Supply and demand. Basic economics would say that since they found multiples, the prices shouldn't be at a premium. However it did say they were gonna sell over a 3 year period instead of flooding the market.
eleet
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby murphusa » July 11th, 2012, 9:09 pm

to me it is the search, looking for the stuff.

Cards???? don't mean much to me as I no longer have a bike
Hell Bent for Leather
murphusa

Postby ScottWNJ » July 11th, 2012, 9:43 pm

I'm not a card guy, but if I found something like that I'd be a card guy for as long as it took me to sell them at auction.
I'm sure we all dream of a glove find like that. It's what makes the hunt so much fun.

Scott
Scott W NJ
ScottWNJ
Gold Glove Poster

Postby softball66 » July 12th, 2012, 7:35 am

Well, we glovers came close a couple of times with the Kansas and Baltimore (*Jim Mace book) glove discoveries. These mother lodes were exciting periods for leather lovers.
Of course, Heritage, the auction house is treating the multitude of cards carefully, sort of doling them out to private buyers and auctioning off others at a very slow pace, which some of you have mentioned. One card expert has told me that it might bring a slight boost to card prices but more importantly would bring new hobbyists in for cards. "Sorry Charlie, your 1980s-90s cards are still pretty worthless."
Since these were found under a doll house in the attic, I think it gets back to my recent post on the most unusual place you've found a nice glove.
I would agree that the search -- the journey -- is often more important often than the goal. :lol:
softball66

Return to Not a Glove But Still Cool