looking for replica uniforms

Share your bats, catchers equipment, trophies, pinbacks, pennants, etc., discuss sports or other collecting interests

looking for replica uniforms

Postby Kenny Wel » April 24th, 2012, 10:35 pm

My wife would like to have photos taken of our boys and me in vintage looking uniforms. Does anyone know who rents or sells nice looking costumes? I have located a couple of vendors that produce uniforms for vintage rules teams. None of these sites seem to offer shoes that would be appropriate. Any ideas?

Ken
Kenny Wel
Veteran Glove Poster

Re: looking for replica uniforms

Postby chippalini » May 22nd, 2012, 5:49 pm

How vintage do you want? Any particular era?
chippalini
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby Kenny Wel » May 25th, 2012, 6:31 pm

I'm shooting for the 1920's. I was able to find three pair of shoes through ebay and other online sites. Luckily, shoes didn't change that much over several decades, so some later pair of cleats we found will work fine for our purposes.

Ken
Kenny Wel
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby chippalini » May 25th, 2012, 9:26 pm

Can't help you for that far back. I have a few Ebbets Field Flannels uniforms I purchased from minor league baseball teams. They were used for "Turn Back The Clock" games. Oldest one I have is for the 1939 Durham Bulls. I also have a '50s Chattanooga Lookouts and '40s/50s Birmingham Barons. If any of these can help you out, let me know. I think this is a really cool idea.
chippalini
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby softball66 » May 26th, 2012, 10:41 am

Ebbetts Field Flannels may be a source and may be on line. Not sure how far back Majestic Uniform replicas date back to. They're also on line. Mitchell & Ness used to make replica uniform but not sure they're still doing so. Again, check on line search.
softball66
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Return to Not a Glove But Still Cool