Brien Taylor Story-NOT Cool

Share your bats, catchers equipment, trophies, pinbacks, pennants, etc., discuss sports or other collecting interests

Brien Taylor Story-NOT Cool

Postby Bill247 » March 5th, 2012, 11:20 am

Don't know if tthe story was picked up nationally, but former Yankee phenom, Brien Taylor, was buster in Beauford, NC for selling large quanities of cocaine and crack cocaine to undercover officers. Most of y'all know the story, but for others; Taylor came out of Beauford, in the early 90's, throwing 200 MPH, signed for a billion dollars with the Yanks and couldn't miss. Wrong! Got into a fight in the off season and never made it to the show. The paper here ran a Sunday feature on him a few years ago and he was living in his old house on Brien Taylor Road doing manual labor. Now this. Mandatory reading for my recently turned 13 YO son.
Bill247
Veteran Glove Poster

Re: Brien Taylor Story-NOT Cool

Postby GloveCrazy » March 5th, 2012, 1:49 pm

He hurt his arm -- which was a blazing lefty arm -- punching his brother in a bar. Yes, Crash it was his pitching arm he punched with.
Trade with Rob
GloveCrazy
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Postby GloveCrazy » March 5th, 2012, 9:23 pm

Unfortunately, there seems to be a continuous stream of reading material for your 13-year-old. The latest is the sentencing for one heck of a guy, Lenny Dykstra. His bucket list seemed to be of everything you tell your kids not to do:

http://aol.sportingnews.com/mlb/story/2012-03-05/lenny-dykstra-judge-rules-sentencing-plea-rejected

He and I are the same age and went to rival high schools, and I've literally known of him since we were on the same pop warner football team (he was the star running back). From day one this guy had million dollar talent and a ten cent, steam-rolling head. Riddance.
Trade with Rob
GloveCrazy
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Postby Bill247 » March 6th, 2012, 12:07 am

Doesn't the last sentence in the Sporting News article say a lot ?
Bill247
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby vintagebrett » March 6th, 2012, 10:02 am

Here's a good read for your son and I know you have an appreciation for Duke
http://www.dailypress.com/sports/teel-b ... 3651.story
He was also named first team all American academic last week
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Return to Not a Glove But Still Cool