Star Trek Glove?

Share your bats, catchers equipment, trophies, pinbacks, pennants, etc., discuss sports or other collecting interests

Star Trek Glove?

Postby ScottWNJ » January 20th, 2012, 11:34 pm

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Scott
Scott W NJ
ScottWNJ
Gold Glove Poster

Re: Star Trek Glove?

Postby deebro041 » January 21st, 2012, 8:36 am

That's Awesome!! May you live long and prosper! :mrgreen:
deebro041

Postby Kenny Wel » January 22nd, 2012, 7:44 pm

Was there ever a baseball reference in any of the various generations of Star Trek shows?

Ken
Kenny Wel
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby Tigerman » February 1st, 2012, 3:57 pm

I think I recall one episode of "Star Trek: Next Generation" that was about a galactic collector who had to have the most unique and rare things in the universe. He was trying to acquire Data for his personal collection. In his unique and rare collection, I think he had a Mickey Mantle rookie card. I don't recall if he mentioned anything about it or it was something you saw as the camera panned among his stuff.
Tigerman
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby ScottWNJ » February 2nd, 2012, 1:26 am

Tigerman is correct...almost. It was an episode of Star Trek TNG. There was a collector of all things unique, played by actor Saul Rubinek. His character was named Kivas Fajo. (I'm not a Trekkie, I looked it up).

Here is what I found:
"Fajo’s collection includes the Mona Lisa by Leonardo da Vinci, a large replica of Salvador Dali’s The Persistence of Memory, a 1962 Roger Maris baseball card (the first card made from Topps’s run that year, as it was the year after Maris broke Babe Ruth’s single-season home-run record) with the smell of bubblegum preserved, among many other things."

It was a Maris card, not a Mantle. But that's a pretty good memory you have Tigerman.

Scott
Scott W NJ
ScottWNJ
Gold Glove Poster

Postby Tigerman » February 2nd, 2012, 3:06 pm

Scott:

Thanks for clearing up my memory on the Star Trek: New Generations episode. My Red Sox buddies would say that " one Yankee is the same as any old Yankee!" As for me, a Detroit Tigers fan, I am able to appreciate and to differentiate between the M & M boys and their accomplishments. Live long and prosper!
Tigerman
Rookie Glove Poster

Return to Not a Glove But Still Cool