Money Ball

Share your bats, catchers equipment, trophies, pinbacks, pennants, etc., discuss sports or other collecting interests

Money Ball

Postby softball66 » January 12th, 2012, 9:59 am

Just viewed the movie "Money Ball" with Brad Pitt. Probably the best baseball movie I've seen from several standpoints. Not much on gloves but you will like the way Pitt (Billy Beane) uses the bat in the locker room. I liked the book too and though Beane and the SABR guys made some good points with Runs created and bases on balls. But they sort of neglected the defensive prowess of players (PREVENTING RUNS). And yes, Oakland did have a great run in 2002 and the players Billy picked up did help but HECK! Oakland had three starting pitchers who won 57 games. As Connie Mack used to say. . . .
Anyway I would recommend all baseball fans to see the film. Brad Pitt may be up for an Oscar and he was superb. :wink:
softball66
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Re: Money Ball

Postby johnmilner » January 12th, 2012, 10:23 am

Great film!
Slow burn at times, but it's in those moments that Pitt really shows his chops.
I still have to place 61* as my favourite Baseball film, but Money Ball is right up there.
johnmilner
Veteran Glove Poster

Re: Money Ball

Postby czog32 » January 22nd, 2012, 10:58 pm

Liked the movie. Enjoyed the behind the scenes with the player moves and such. Did not think Art Howe was flattered in any way. I bet he hates this film.
czog32
Rookie Glove Poster

Return to Not a Glove But Still Cool