Weekend Pickups

Share your bats, catchers equipment, trophies, pinbacks, pennants, etc., discuss sports or other collecting interests

Weekend Pickups

Postby ScottWNJ » May 16th, 2011, 1:15 am

I was looking through an antique mall in New Jersey when I came across a gentleman stocking his display case with sports stuff. I asked him if he had gloves but he did not. Then I spotted a little box on the floor. It was marked Cleveland Indians Official Puzzle. He told me it was difficult to put together because it was black and white and there was no image of what it should look like. He also didn't know if it was complete. I was intrigued, so I bought it. Also spotted what I thought was a baseball box, but he told me it was a box for a baseball viewer from 1948. It included one film slide and some paperwork. He asked me if I'd heard of Leland's auctions and I told him I had. He introduced himself and said "I'm Josh Leland". As for the bat, I found it at another antique mall. It's a Hutch Little League Jackie Jensen model. Very nice condition for only 12 bucks.

I had the puzzle solved by the next night. It's Joe Vosmik. I think I'll be visiting Leland's booth more frequently in the future. He has some interesting items.
Scott
Scott W NJ
ScottWNJ
Gold Glove Poster

Return to Not a Glove But Still Cool