New Finds - Jersey and Stadium Seats

Share your bats, catchers equipment, trophies, pinbacks, pennants, etc., discuss sports or other collecting interests

New Finds - Jersey and Stadium Seats

Postby smr1 » October 10th, 2010, 9:13 pm

I recently piced up these two items:

First - this early baseball jersey. The interesting thing about the jersey is the name that is written on the tag. The name is Bernie Crum. The individual who I purchased the jersey from lives in Allentown PA and there is a well known coach by that name. However - he spells his name J. Birney Crum. I'm wandering if that could have been written by someone else. Also - I can't make out the logo on the jersey.

Secondly - I picked up these stadium seats that came from a local auction house. The auctioneer mentioned that they could have possibly come out of a local recreational park. After some digging - I have found that the owners from that park had strong ties with Art Rooney. Now - I'm trying to determine if the seats were once in Forbes Field. The color certainly matches. Two odd things - 1) No seat numbers on the back slats. 2) The underside of the seats were not painted. Still digging into this one with the family that used to own the recreational park.

Murph - any help would be appreciated!
Attachments
My Stadium Seat Pics 032.jpg
My Stadium Seat Pics 002.jpg
My Stadium Seat Pics 001.jpg
ebay 101010 016.jpg
ebay 101010 015.jpg
ebay 101010 014.jpg
smr1
Veteran Glove Poster

Return to Not a Glove But Still Cool