FJ Raff 1948 Autograph Baseball Game

Share your bats, catchers equipment, trophies, pinbacks, pennants, etc., discuss sports or other collecting interests

FJ Raff 1948 Autograph Baseball Game

Postby ohiofraun » October 7th, 2010, 10:54 pm

Wondering if any one has ever seen or played this 20" by 20" masonite baseball board game. I got it at an antique store years ago. Its called Autograph Baseball Game, copyright FJ Raff, 1948. Its a great display item. It has about forty fax signatures of stars of the forties along the sidelines, mostly non HOFers. A couple of my favorite autographs are Early Wynn, Hal Peck and Dale Mitchell, members of the 1948 World Champion Indians. Anyone have any ideas how the game might have been played?
Attachments
FJRaff 1948.jpg
ohiofraun
Rookie Glove Poster

Re: FJ Raff 1948 Autograph Baseball Game

Postby ScottWNJ » October 8th, 2010, 12:22 am

I've never seen one but it's definitely a cool item. I think it would look good framed.

Scott
Scott W NJ
ScottWNJ
Gold Glove Poster

Postby ohiofraun » October 8th, 2010, 9:19 am

There is a 1" deep wooden border around the perimeter of the 20"by 20" masonite board; therefore, not lending itself to being framed. With a little small wire and a couple of staples I jury-rigged a way to hang it on a wall. Great display item! Looking for ideas as to how it was played.
ohiofraun
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby murphusa » October 8th, 2010, 9:54 am

game came with 2 sets of players in grey and white, home andaway, a bat and a ball. You played it just like a regular game hitting the ball and seeing where it landed etc and moved the players as such
Hell Bent for Leather
murphusa
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Return to Not a Glove But Still Cool