Nebraska's Junk Jaunt Sept. 24-25-26

Share your bats, catchers equipment, trophies, pinbacks, pennants, etc., discuss sports or other collecting interests

Nebraska's Junk Jaunt Sept. 24-25-26

Postby Studboy » September 7th, 2010, 12:48 am

Just checking if any of you collectors in the Midwest are hitting the Nebraska Junk Jaunt this year? I'll be setting up again & can't go shopping so stop in and show me your finds. It's Sept. 24-25-26, if anyone is interested here is the website:

http://junkjaunt.com/
Studboy
Veteran Glove Poster

Re: Nebraska's Junk Jaunt Sept. 24-25-26

Postby Studboy » September 7th, 2010, 1:04 am

I rent a large bulding out at our Fairgrounds, I had a couple hundred gloves for sale last year along with a building full of other good junk/crap! Here are some pix of my set up from two years ago at the 2008 Junk Jaunt. If I have time to set up something cool in the line of ball gloves this year I'll try & snap some pictures:

2008 glove area
me, my lady & my junk
Studboy
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby Rickybulldog » September 7th, 2010, 1:40 am

Nice set up! Looks like there's a mixture of different sports. How well do you usually do out there? I was going to ask if those were the helpers at the fair, but I read further :) (don't act like I was the only one). Good work studboy! GO BIG RED!
Rickybulldog
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Postby Studboy » September 7th, 2010, 8:47 am

Gloves did ok, it keeps getting better. Last year was the 3rd year I took a bunch of gloves & I got rid of 50-55 mid-low range gloves. Kind of like Brett at the National, I sold most every low-end Mantle & Maris I had last year. All the GJ99's in good to poor condition were gold. Many people were buying for decor or oddities like the 2 & 3 finger gloves. I do bring other sports or anything I pickup over the year that I don't really save. My favorite part is poeple bringing in and showing off the gloves they picked up over the weekend.
Studboy
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby Studboy » October 3rd, 2010, 10:37 pm

Junk Jaunt 2010 is over, did very well selling primative farm crap but gloves were cold this year. I didn't even sell a dozen, a few users & some local favorites like Ashburn & Feller mid range gloves, that was about it. Didn't have a fancy setup, really just tossed together the glove display after I got all my antique junk/stuff priced & displayed. I did pickup a 48 bat store display/fixture from an outdoor vendor, said it was from a Gambles hardware store that closed in the 1970's. I'll get a picture this week.
Studboy
Veteran Glove Poster

Return to Not a Glove But Still Cool