Joe D bat??

Share your bats, catchers equipment, trophies, pinbacks, pennants, etc., discuss sports or other collecting interests

Joe D bat??

Postby ScottWNJ » April 12th, 2010, 8:46 pm

I got this out of an estate sale for nothing, pretty much because it was so weathered and worn. However upon closer inspection at home, I began to make out some letters. Between the word Special and Louisville Slugger on the barrel is some script writing. Looks to me like "Joe". Then there is some illegible script followed by a space and a capital "M". Hard to tell from the picture, but it good be Joe Di Maggio. Since it is so faint, I was wondering it it could be restored or at least cleaned up a bit. What do you think?

Thanks,
Scott
Scott W NJ
ScottWNJ
Gold Glove Poster

Re: Joe D bat??

Postby MGHProductions » April 12th, 2010, 11:57 pm

It looks like a joe D. bat.. If there is enough of an impression left, it could be filled in somewhat. Its hard to tell from the picture tho.
Matt
MGHProductions
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby oldreliable » April 14th, 2010, 4:29 am

Could you put a piece of paper over it and rub a crayon over the paper (over the signature) to see if you get a more legible name?
oldreliable
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby ScottWNJ » April 20th, 2010, 7:57 pm

Ay, here's the rub. Bottom one shows up best. Definitely a DiMaggio bat. Not sure there's enough left to restore it.
Scott W NJ
ScottWNJ
Gold Glove Poster

Return to Not a Glove But Still Cool