Hooray for Opening Day!

Share your bats, catchers equipment, trophies, pinbacks, pennants, etc., discuss sports or other collecting interests

Hooray for Opening Day!

Postby AkBandit » April 4th, 2010, 11:53 pm

Hallelujah..... Opening Day is finally here. As I sit here and watch this pitching dual between the Red Sox and Yankees, I can hardly wait until Monday when there will be no less than 6 games on TV (I have the day off). Tomorrow starts another 6 months of emotional highs and lows as I "Root, Root, Root for the Cubbies"....oh and if "They Don't Win It's A Shame".

But no matter what...baseball is back and all is good again.

So who is your favorite team? Are you a bandwagon fan or dedicated?

Me? Chicago Cubs since 1966.
AkBandit

Re: Hooray for Opening Day!

Postby okdoak » April 5th, 2010, 4:36 pm

Had the Hallelujah Chorus playing in my head when I turned the game on last night, too! I was worried that it was going to be a blowout early but it turned into an exciting game that the good guys finally won. :wink: I was a Braves fan when I was a kid growing up in Milwaukee. When they left in 1965, I quit caring about baseball until the 1975 WS turned me into a Red Sox fan and I've been following them ever since. I honestly wasn't even going to watch that Series. A guy that I worked with back then was a big Sox fan and he kept telling me that it was going to be a great one and that the Sox were going to win it. Well, he was right on one count. So glad that it's finally Baseball! :D
okdoak
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Return to Not a Glove But Still Cool