Christmas at Fenway

Share your bats, catchers equipment, trophies, pinbacks, pennants, etc., discuss sports or other collecting interests

Christmas at Fenway

Postby vintagebrett » December 12th, 2009, 8:26 pm

My brother was lucky enough to win the drawing so we could attend Christmas at Fenway this afternoon. This is an event where you are able (and guaranteed) to purchase tickets for games for the 2010 season. They have a bunch of other things to keep you entertained while you wait - players and coaches talking and signing autographs, Wally, pictures with the World Series trophies and bunch of other things. My brother was kind enough to bring Beckett and I along with him. It was a great experience. My highlights:
-Terry Francona waving to Beckett during his radio interview
-Meeting (and getting a picture with) movie makerr Bobby Farrelly (of the Farrelly Brothers - most famous to Red Sox fans for Fever Pitch, most famous to the rest of the world for There's Something About Mary
-Getting our picture with the World Series trophies
-Going to the Red Sox Yard Sale - I picked up game used jerseys of Josh Beckett from his 2006 season (a definite keeper), a 2005 Kevin Youkilis away jersey, a 2005 David Wells away jersey, a 1992 Ellis Burks away jersey and a 1996 Jamie Moyer away jersey. My brother got a 42 jersey from the Jackie Robinson tribute game in 1999. We also got free bricks and filled up a bag for $15 with old media guides, placards, baseball cards and some other trinkets.
-Getting to see parts of Fenway I've never been in - while my waiting for his number to be called, my brother and us waited in the EMC suite - very posh!
-Seeing a stack of Red Sox tix almost an inch tall and knowing I'll get to some good games this year!

All and all it was a great experience. Beckett was behaved the entire time and was exited about meeting Wally and running around the EMC suite.

vintagebrett
Site Admin

Postby okdoak » December 13th, 2009, 12:25 am

That is way beyond cool! 8) 8) 8)
okdoak
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Postby Mr. Mitt » December 13th, 2009, 1:41 am

Pretty sweet!!! And that's coming from a Yankee fan :shock:
Mr. Mitt
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Postby Deacon » December 13th, 2009, 2:36 pm

WOW...what a great opportunity.
Deacon
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby ScottWNJ » December 14th, 2009, 1:18 am

I had gotten an e-mail about Christmas at Fenway, but decided to pass since I live in NJ. After seeing the cool stuff you picked up, I'll have to keep it in mind if I get the chance to go next year.
Scott W NJ
ScottWNJ
Gold Glove Poster

Return to Not a Glove But Still Cool