I hate ESPN!!

Share your bats, catchers equipment, trophies, pinbacks, pennants, etc., discuss sports or other collecting interests

I hate ESPN!!

Postby vintagebrett » August 20th, 2009, 9:53 am

We have tix to the Yankees / Sox game at Fenway this Sunday - up until this past week it had been a 1:35 game. We were looking forward to a nice afternoon game, taking Beckett to see Beckett pitch, etc. My wife changed her work schedule so she could go. We were all excited. In last couple of days ESPN decides to make this their Sunday night game even those these two teams were featured just a mere two weeks ago. No we can't go because of our schedule Monday, etc. Thanks ESPN for ruining our weekend!

(sorry, just had to vent)
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Postby Mr. Mitt » August 20th, 2009, 5:12 pm

I concur with the hatred, but I despise ESPN for another reason. I really can’t define it, but I just can’t stand all the so-called "cute" crap they do and how they pander to these athletes. I must admit, it was sort of fresh and exciting 20 years ago when Olberman and Steiner used to crack each other up on the air, but it was natural for them. Now it seems over scripted and disingenuine.

The MLB Network has been a breath of fresh air! I have not turned it off since inception earlier this year. With the Champions League beginning this week and Italian Football this weekend, I’ll be DVRing a lot of matches on the Fox Soccer Channel!!!
Mr. Mitt
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Return to Not a Glove But Still Cool