1966 Yankees Flannel

Share your bats, catchers equipment, trophies, pinbacks, pennants, etc., discuss sports or other collecting interests

1966 Yankees Flannel

Postby cjw » June 19th, 2009, 1:57 am

Picked it up on the "vintage clothing" section of Ebay.

It looks to be a 1966 Yankees road flannel jersey that may have been recyled to the minors and used for a few more years. It has a MacGregor tagging (size 42) in the collar and under the button placket (Set 1 1966). Looks be all original, with #50 on the reverse. Also tagged with a small, square "55" tag in the collar. Has a 1969 100th Ann. MLB patch on the left sleeve, so I assume this may have been used by a Yankee farm club from at least 1967 to 1969 or used by the Yankees for each year and then retired/recycled/given away.

I have done what research I can and their are a few similarities to the 1966 Mantle that HA auctioned off earlier this year. http://www.sportscollectorsdaily.com/la ... etour.html

Specifically- the style and material looks right and the ink-added and faded. "66" on the tail is in a similar hand and in a similar place on both jerseys. However, the HA jersey is a WILSON and mine in a MacGregor. The HA jersey's buttons look grey and mine are cream. I have found a few 1966 images of various Yankees in their road flannels and some seem to sport darker buttons, and some lighter. Either way - the buttons could have been replaced.

Nice item to add to my 1960's gloves!

chris

WANTED -1977 Toronto Blue Jays game used items and Vancouver baseball items -Capilanos, Mounties, Canadians
cjw
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby candlestick » June 22nd, 2009, 3:20 pm

OK, I am not much of a Yankees fan but this is still cool. Nice pick up - here's hoping it did not cost you an arm and a leg.
candlestick
Veteran Glove Poster

Return to Not a Glove But Still Cool