not a glove but a book instead

Share your bats, catchers equipment, trophies, pinbacks, pennants, etc., discuss sports or other collecting interests

not a glove but a book instead

Postby english baseball nut » May 2nd, 2009, 11:42 am

todaywas shifting through the stalls at a bootfair managed to come across a book called play better baseball by Bob Cluck dunno if it worth anything but its a great book really helpful. anyone else read it ?
minnesota twins all the way
english baseball nut
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby Old_Gloves_New » May 2nd, 2009, 11:44 pm

Yes, in fact I recently finished this book myself! I have coached baseball on and off for 14 years or so in total, and I never tire of getting a better understanding of this game. I love the game of baseball and I simply can never get enough of it whether it be via games watched, via the written word, or just discussing the most recent game while standing around the water cooler in work. In fact, I just picked up two new books to read, "The Unwritten Rules of Baseball", and "As They See 'Em, A Fan's Travels in The Land of Umpires". The unwritten rules have always fascinated me, and the umpire book I bought because I just got back into umpiring after taking 5 years off, and I love to read books about the stories and experiences of other guys that wear or have worn the "blue".
I found Bob Cluck's book to be very informative and extremely insightful. Really good stuff. I still get to practice with my 10 yr. old grandson from time to time, and I plan to give the book to him when he gets older. In the meanwhile, I'm going to put some of that knowledge to work to help him improve his game.

Very best regards, O_G_N
Old_Gloves_New
Rookie Glove Poster

Return to Not a Glove But Still Cool