louisville slugger ad piece

Share your bats, catchers equipment, trophies, pinbacks, pennants, etc., discuss sports or other collecting interests

louisville slugger ad piece

Postby okdoak » February 21st, 2009, 5:01 pm

I found this at an antique mall before Christmas and kept forgetting to post it. It's printed on really thick cardboard stock, so I hope it's the genuine article. Measures 10 1/2 by 15 1/2". Even with the staining I thought it was worth risking $28 on it. The pic's at an odd angle cuz I was trying to minimize the flash.

okdoak
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Postby jsalinas » February 24th, 2009, 2:22 pm

Nice find.

I really like the bold colors. Not a bad risk at all for $28. I would have purchased it if I came across it.
jsalinas
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby MGHProductions » February 26th, 2009, 11:51 pm

Nice pick up! If you want to part with it, let me know
Thanks
Matt
Bub13@aol.com
MGHProductions
Veteran Glove Poster

Re: louisville slugger ad piece

Postby ambrizt » August 18th, 2014, 10:37 pm

I recently came across your post here in this forum and I think I might have accidentally found something that you may find VERY interesting. You might have already figured this out by now, but your Lousiville Slugger sign may be worth a lot of money. I found these sites related to your $28 Louisville Slugger sign. If your sign is authentic and not a reproduction, you may have found a real treasure! Congrats! Below are the links I found as I was searching for cool pictures to post on my Pinterest page. Enjoy!

http://www.legendaryauctions.com/extrem ... 09300.aspx

http://www.legendaryauctions.com/lot-69768.aspx

Best Regards,

Tony
Los Angeles, CA
ambrizt
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby okdoak » August 29th, 2014, 2:18 am

Thanks for the heads up, Tony. You must've done some digging to find this post. I still have the sign and have always leaned towards it being a repro, but who knows? I will have to check into it one of these days and see if somebody can give me a definitive answer. Great avatar you have there; Ken-Wel's Dazzy Vance model is one of my all time favorite gloves.

Giving a shout out to Brett, Joe, JD, William, and all you other glovers. Still have my gloves, but I'm no longer adding to 'em. I think I went as far as I could go in this hobby. Thanks for the many hours of enjoyment from this website and of course from the late, great TGC.
Greg
okdoak

Postby ebbets55 » August 29th, 2014, 11:26 am

Hi ya Greg. Hope you are well. What do you mean you have gone as far as you can go? You can never get to the end (that's what I keep telling myself anyway). You have a ton of great gloves you could trade me if you want to mix it up. :D

If you get a sec, do a search for Gleiss in the main Gallery and send me any other pics you would like uploaded or any you no longer own and I'll get them fixed. I got a on a roll recently and uploaded a ton. We are just shy of 14,000 pics now. Thanks Greg.

JD

P.S. - Working diligently to get the look and theme back of the old Glove Gallery. I hate the way this theme looks but we hit software bugs, then limitations and then server limitations. Working out the bugs one at a time.
ebbets55

Postby okdoak » August 29th, 2014, 8:19 pm

Hi JD,

ebbets55 wrote: What do you mean you have gone as far as you can go? You can never get to the end (that's what I keep telling myself anyway).

Y'know you're probably right about that. Maybe I'm just taking a break. I'll check out your Gallery and see what I need to update. Always enjoy spending time on your website anyway. How about a monster trade involving my rarer than rare LS ad piece? :lol:

Greg
okdoak

Return to Not a Glove But Still Cool