Grab your glove and...

Share your bats, catchers equipment, trophies, pinbacks, pennants, etc., discuss sports or other collecting interests

Grab your glove and...

Postby MVALZ » December 20th, 2008, 1:05 pm

...go outside for a catch. What foot of snow? My daughter thought my Son and I were nutz. Catch then shovel, in that order. :D
Last edited by MVALZ on December 24th, 2008, 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- A baseball glove is a beginning and an ending: a boy's first sure step towards manhood; a man's final, lingering hold on youth; it is promise...and memory.
MVALZ
Gold Glove Poster

Postby Goldy the Gopher » December 20th, 2008, 1:19 pm

I spy the Joe Crede gamer. Sunday morning I will be going out at 7am. This is before the plows get a chance to clean up the projected 6 inches of snow.
Goldy the Gopher
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby samgonzo » December 20th, 2008, 3:28 pm

I was wondering what happened to that Joe Crede glove. I really had my eye on it but just couldn't pull the trigger. Do you think that you can post a few pics.

Sam
samgonzo
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby cubfaithful » December 20th, 2008, 3:42 pm

MVALZ,

great shot and truly inspirational but....man its cold outside!(ha).

I always read your "saying" at the bottom of all your post-"A baseball glove is a beginning"....... after seeing you playing catch in the snow I have to ask...did you write that? It's great and so true.

-Eddie
cubfaithful
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby opticsp » December 20th, 2008, 4:45 pm

Come on down to Brooklyn and me an my son will take you on in a game of two man...bring shovels.
opticsp
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby MVALZ » December 20th, 2008, 5:27 pm

*From the 1969 Rawlings catalog*

A baseball glove is a beginning and an ending: a boy's first sure step towards manhood; a man's final, lingering hold on youth; it is promise...and memory.
A baseball glove is the dusty badge of belonging, the tanned and oiled mortar of team and commaraderie; in its creases and scuffs lodge sunburned afternoons freckled with thrills, the excited hum of competition, cheersthat burst like skyrockets.
A baseball glove is Ty Cobb, Babe Ruth, Stan Musial, Mickey Mantle and a thousand and one names and moments strung like white and crimson banners in the vast stadium of memory.
A baseball glove is the leather of adventure, worthy successor to the cowboy's holster, the trooper's saddle and the buckskin laces of the frontier scout; it is combat, heroics, and victory...a place to smack a fist or snuff a rally.
Above all, a baseball glove is the union of father and son, boy and friends, man and men; it is union beyond language, creed or color.
- A baseball glove is a beginning and an ending: a boy's first sure step towards manhood; a man's final, lingering hold on youth; it is promise...and memory.
MVALZ
Gold Glove Poster

Postby opticsp » December 20th, 2008, 5:33 pm

Amen.
opticsp
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby cubfaithful » December 20th, 2008, 5:35 pm

Thank You!
cubfaithful
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby Mike_2007 » December 22nd, 2008, 2:25 pm

Mike_2007