"Don't put your hand in it"....

Share your bats, catchers equipment, trophies, pinbacks, pennants, etc., discuss sports or other collecting interests

Postby drzubia8 » December 3rd, 2008, 12:18 am

Hmm... Baseball coaching theory huh? sounds interesting. I'm with MVALZ, go ahead and put it on just don't start bending it. If you ask me Mark I think you let that guy off easy :lol:
drzubia8
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby glovin » December 3rd, 2008, 12:44 am

Brotherray wrote:Putting someone else's glove on isn't nearly as bad as when they start to re-shape it... And it seems like they ALWAYS want to re-shape it!!! :x

very true...i think it's instincts, most of the time, they don't even realize they're changing the glove
glovin
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby oakfan33 » December 3rd, 2008, 10:49 am

Just yesterday a guy from work brought his glove for me to check out. My mind started going back to all the things I've read on this post. I must have treated his glove like a delicate piece of china, holding it with just the tips of my fingers and just turning it like a chicken on a rotisserie. He probably wouldn't have minded if I tried it on, but after reading all the replies to this post, I didn't want to take a chance. Not that I would have started bending and twisting it, but I would have at least tried it on. That's what I like about this forum, there's always something new to be learned.
oakfan33
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby edingc » December 3rd, 2008, 1:24 pm

drzubia8 wrote:Hmm... Baseball coaching theory huh? sounds interesting. I'm with MVALZ, go ahead and put it on just don't start bending it. If you ask me Mark I think you let that guy off easy :lol:

It was probably the easiest course I've ever taken, but still definitely worth the money.
Cody Eding
edingc
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby cubfaithful » December 4th, 2008, 12:48 am

Hi oakfan33,

Now your making me feel bad. It sounds like you really wanted to try
your co-workers glove on. You could have asked him if you could try it on
- or, if he would have said "go ahead and try it on" there's nothing
wrong with that. I think it's just a matter of showing a little respect.
I do not think someone should just take it upon themself to grab
someone else's glove without asking. When I started this topic I was just stating how I veiw this subject pertaining to my own glove(s) and how
I would treat others gloves with the same respect. I was not trying to
say what is right or wrong. I just wanted to know if the glovers on this forum had the same thought's on someone else's hand-in or usage.

If someone asked to look at(handle) my glove, no problem, but I
politely say don't put your hand in it.
If someone lets me check-out their glove then I pretty much handle
it like you did. One thing for sure oakfan, you do have a way with words
when describing how you handled that glove at work.(lol)

-Eddie
cubfaithful
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby frikativ54 » January 8th, 2009, 8:01 pm

cubfaithful wrote:Hey wickedwoman11,

For some reason I had a feeling you would have a comment to make on this subject. I'm well aware of your passion for your glove(s), and I know you use them. I couldn't help but laugh at you describing your Mother and your glove....

Funny, that reminds me of when my Mom bought me a right-hand throw glove, even though I'm lefthanded. I got used to it pretty quickly, and still throw righty to this day. I also bat righthanded, but only because it feels more comfortable.
frikativ54
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby No-Lite-Toe » January 8th, 2009, 9:43 pm

That's very interesting since I am, after my advanced age, training myself to throw left-handed.
No-Lite-Toe
Veteran Glove Poster

Previous

Return to Not a Glove But Still Cool