AL MVP

Share your bats, catchers equipment, trophies, pinbacks, pennants, etc., discuss sports or other collecting interests

AL MVP

Postby wjr953 » November 18th, 2008, 3:33 pm

Congratulations to Dustin Pedroia on winning the AL MVP. He had a tremendous season and was very deserving of the award. Guess that means I'll have to stop calling him Smurfette when I'm watching Red Sox games from now on.

br
wjr953

Postby MVALZ » November 18th, 2008, 3:54 pm

PEDROIA the DESTROIA !!!

Love the way that guy plays the game!!
- A baseball glove is a beginning and an ending: a boy's first sure step towards manhood; a man's final, lingering hold on youth; it is promise...and memory.
MVALZ
Gold Glove Poster

Postby wjr953 » November 18th, 2008, 4:42 pm

Couldn't agree with your more Mark. He is what I would refer to as a "throwback" type of player. When the game is over and the final out is made, he's left it all out there on the field. Whether you're a Red Sox fan or not, you have to love any player today playing the game that way, and he plays that way ALL THE TIME! Contrast that with Manny being Manny. It's no wonder why Petey has become a fan favorite in Boston in a very short time. The Boston fans have always loved guys that just play full blast all the time, and he sure is one of those, so is Youkilis and Ellsbury too for that matter. Nice to see Dustin getting the recognition for it. Of course, now the BoSox will have to pay him more money now too!

br
wjr953

Postby drzubia8 » November 18th, 2008, 8:25 pm

yes i was pleased with him being selected as mvp in spite of him being an asu alum.
go wildcats
drzubia8
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby fuzzydogg22 » November 18th, 2008, 9:00 pm

and ahhhm Mr. Pujols :D :D :D :D :D :D
"You should always go to other people's funerals; otherwise, they won't come to yours." -Yogi Berra
fuzzydogg22
Gold Glove Poster

Postby wjr953 » November 18th, 2008, 11:41 pm

Yes, absolutely kudos to Mr. Pujols. That guy is a rock steady performer. If I remember correctly, Albert is one of the only, if not THE only player in MLB history to finish in the top 5 in MVP balloting S-E-V-E-N times. That is an absolutely amazing statistic. Like I said, rock steady. If Manny and A-Rod think they're worth 20 million plus a year, what's a guy like Albert Pujols worth? Add to that the fact that Senor Pujols can actually hit in the clutch when it really matters, something A-Rod has never ever done, and also that while Manny is a great hitter, he's not exactly Mr. Consistency defensively, where Albert is a consistently solid defensive player. So what's all that worth on the open market, maybe 30 million per year?? More?

br
wjr953

Postby fuzzydogg22 » November 18th, 2008, 11:58 pm

hopefully the cards will never have to find out... :(

St. Louis is a baseball town, maybe he will stay awile longer
"You should always go to other people's funerals; otherwise, they won't come to yours." -Yogi Berra
fuzzydogg22
Gold Glove Poster

Postby awarsoca » November 19th, 2008, 11:17 am

fuzzydogg22 wrote:hopefully the cards will never have to find out... :(

St. Louis is a baseball town, maybe he will stay awile longer

And kudos for him trying to bring MLS to St. Louis as well. He truly appreciates St. Louis as a sports town
awarsoca
Gold Glove Poster

Return to Not a Glove But Still Cool