Waiting for

Share your bats, catchers equipment, trophies, pinbacks, pennants, etc., discuss sports or other collecting interests

Waiting for

Postby drzubia8 » November 2nd, 2008, 2:58 am

Spring. Well, the season is over and we have crowned a new champ. Thank God for the Arizona Fall League otherwise I might not get my fix. I think Rogers Hornsby put it best when he said

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."
"It's what you learn after you know it all that counts" - Earl Weaver
drzubia8
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby wickedwoman11 » November 2nd, 2008, 11:11 am

For me New Year's Day is not on January 1st. It is when those four beautiful words are uttered, "Pitchers and catchers report."
Alas, my glove is better than my game.
Gamer and most prized possession: Nokona Buffalo personalized with my name in script AMG175BF
The "Backup": 2009 Rawlings black GG12XTCB
wickedwoman11
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby opticsp » November 2nd, 2008, 1:51 pm

Makes me hate the holiday season even more. However, being from Venezuela it is fun to follow Caribbean ball. Talk about get em on, bunt em over, sac fly them in. It can be a thing of beauty. Besides, it is a league where Edgardo Alfonzo can still star.
opticsp
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby Goldy the Gopher » November 2nd, 2008, 7:40 pm

In Minnesota the offseason is most of the year. so to compensate, I look at baseball things online, lift weights, and think about "next year".
Goldy the Gopher
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby BretMan » November 2nd, 2008, 11:45 pm

There isn't much baseball-related you can do in the winter in Ohio. After fall ball ends, I umpire at an indoor complex from November through March. That keeps me from going stir crazy all winter long and helps to satisfy my baseball fix!

I've managed to make it a year-round pastime as much as I can- High school ball in the spring segues right into travel and league ball all summer long, maybe a week or two off between summer and fall ball, then another week or two until the indoor season starts up. About the time that ends...spring is here again!
Click to Visit >> The Glove Shop On-Line
BretMan
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

aches and pains from softball

Postby softball66 » November 10th, 2008, 4:37 pm

What do I do in the off season?
Heal!
That's what I say to my dog only I don't spell it that way for her.
Right now it's a rotator cuff. Gotta go see the doc soon.

:wink:
softball66
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Postby docglov » November 10th, 2008, 5:43 pm

perhaps shuffleboard should be considered. yes I have access to a puter while Im down south just not very often, would have called ya Joe but left this morning without phone numbers.have a good week and rest the shoulder, I think you are starting a game next week...
docglov
Gold Glove Poster

Return to Not a Glove But Still Cool