Since the Tigers were dissapointing this year...

Share your bats, catchers equipment, trophies, pinbacks, pennants, etc., discuss sports or other collecting interests

Since the Tigers were dissapointing this year...

Postby edingc » October 17th, 2008, 3:16 pm

I thought I'd look back on when they were good.

I've always been more into sports cards than memorabilia and this is one of my favorites from my collection:

Cody Eding
edingc
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby BretMan » October 20th, 2008, 12:14 pm

Can't go wrong with anything from ol' Sparky. You're talking to a guy that grew up during the glory days of The Big Red Machine!

Yep, Detroit was kind of a bust this year- especially from the standpoint of the pre-season expectations. Most prognosticators had them as a wrap to win the division. On paper, they sure did seem to have the potential.

Speaking of disappointing, I'm an Indian's fan- enough said! Before the season started, it looked like the AL Central would be a slugfest, with Detroit, Cleveland, Chicago and Minnesota all having the potential to win it all.

But Cleveland sure did finish with a bang. Too bad it was after digging themselves into a deep, deep hole for the first four months of the season. They had to play almost .700 ball over the last two months just to finish at a dead-even .500 clip (81-81).
Click to Visit >> The Glove Shop On-Line
BretMan
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Postby docglov » October 20th, 2008, 3:43 pm

Indian fan my self. I sat there in the club house watching pitchers like Sutcliff,Blyleven and Lin Barker along with great team players like
gold glove Rick Manning, Toby harrea, Mike Hargrove, Bake McBride ,Ron Hassey and others I can't remember ( sorry about the spelling on these names)
Doc

Not to mention later the out field of Lofton, Belle and Manny
docglov
Gold Glove Poster

Postby offsidewing » October 20th, 2008, 5:30 pm

I grew up south of cleveland (but a New England Transplant). The mid to late 90's indians were good teams. The indians AA team was in town, so I got to see all the names come through. Thome, Ramirez, Belle (when he was JOEY), Enrique Wilson, Colon. Those were good teams.
Aim for the corners and let the middle take care of itself.
offsidewing
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby BretMan » October 20th, 2008, 10:40 pm

Lucky for me- as a Tribe fan- the Indians have signed an agreement to move their AAA team to Columbus next season, just in time for the opening of our brand-new downtown "retro-style" stadium that's under construction.
Click to Visit >> The Glove Shop On-Line
BretMan
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Postby drzubia8 » October 21st, 2008, 1:04 am

Nice. and their new spring training facility is being built about 1/4 of a mile from my front door. (walking distance) I feel a lot of sick days coming on :lol:
"It's what you learn after you know it all that counts" - Earl Weaver
drzubia8
Veteran Glove Poster

Return to Not a Glove But Still Cool