Game 5 - ALCS

Share your bats, catchers equipment, trophies, pinbacks, pennants, etc., discuss sports or other collecting interests

Game 5 - ALCS

Postby vintagebrett » October 17th, 2008, 7:58 am

A couple weeks ago my brother got lucky in the Red Sox lottery and was able to buy ALCS tickets. Only game he could get two seats together for was Game 5. Since my mother-in-law is visiting this week, I was given permission to attend the game. And boy am I glad I did! I've never experienced the excitement of a game like the last 3 innings last night. People started walking out when Papelbon gave up the double to Upton and there lots of empty seats visible during the 7th inning. You guys know the rest but the people who did stay, and there were a lot, were treated to one of the best comebacks in a playoff game ever! It's a game I'll be telling my son about for years to come, that is for sure.

GO SOX!
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Re: Game 5 - ALCS

Postby glovemedic » October 17th, 2008, 10:04 am

vintagebrett wrote: You guys know the rest but the people who did stay, and there were a lot, were treated to one of the best comebacks in a playoff game ever!

I am glad I went to bed when I did, following the 3 run blast w/ 2 outs. I was hoping to be pleasantly suprised this am, but my expectations were confirmed. Its easy for a team to play well and be upbeat when they are winning. It will be a test of character to see if the young Rays are able to come back strong on Saturday and take care of their business.

Go Rays!
Chuck Faulkner
The Glove Medic
Tazewell, TN 37879

http://www.glovemedic.com
glovemedic
Veteran Glove Poster

Return to Not a Glove But Still Cool