Bats To Gloves-Let me hear from you

Share your bats, catchers equipment, trophies, pinbacks, pennants, etc., discuss sports or other collecting interests

Bats To Gloves-Let me hear from you

Postby softball66 » August 16th, 2008, 3:39 pm

Sports Collectors Digest has carried the story on Maple bats and wood types for those of you who would like to read it:
http://www.sportscollectorsdigest.com/a ... llipsmaple

I will do a story on glove leathers for the next Glove Collector Newsletter.
I'd like to hear from guys with the different leathers that they have tried: Kangaroo, Buffalo among the latest. What you think about the old horsehides.
Think this will be a really interesting topic!!!
Drop your thoughts on this topic please!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
softball66
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Postby wickedwoman11 » August 16th, 2008, 4:04 pm

If you are willing to accept notes from girls too... :D

I've owned Nokona gloves in both the kangaroo and buffalo. I also have owned Mizuno, Rawlings, and Wilson gloves in cowhide. I can honestly say that the Nokona buffalo is the best glove I have ever owned. The leather is soft and supple, but I haven't had problems with floppiness. Rather, the leather seems to fold around the ball perfectly. Any misplayed balls have always been the fault of the operator, not my glove.

This amazing glove is buttery soft, with a gorgeous butterscotch color exterior and a golden soft interior. The smell of it, the feel of it, the look of it, I truly believe my glove is flawless. The brown laces also finely complement the caramel color of the leather – which is a perfect match for my camel leather purse and suede jacket. Not that the glove is used at the same time -- I just like the purse and jacket because they remind me of my glove! Don’t ask which came first, I would hate to be known as the girl who bought a purse because it matched her baseball glove (although I did).

To sum up, I read a quote somewhere, "If it sounds kind of mystical, wearing a buffalo skin to ward off evil, it is." That completely applies to the Nokona buffalo gloves.

P.S. I'd like to subscribe to the newsletter -- I used to subscribe and like a dummy, let my subscription lapse. If I renew now, will it be in time to get the issue with this article re: the glove leathers?
Alas, my glove is better than my game.
Gamer and most prized possession: Nokona Buffalo personalized with my name in script AMG175BF
The "Backup": 2009 Rawlings black GG12XTCB
wickedwoman11
Veteran Glove Poster

Gals Welcome

Postby softball66 » August 16th, 2008, 5:40 pm

Loved your comments on the Buffalo. I feel the same sort of way about mine, one of the first bisons off the Nokona line. I can't tie me Kangaroo down yet though.
Yes, if you want to renew, you'll have time before Sept. print date. I'm curious about the old horsehide gloves. I was told by a leather expert that horsehide would be better generally than cowhide because the horses exercise more, stretching the hide.
Thanks
Joe

:) :) :P
softball66
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Postby wickedwoman11 » August 16th, 2008, 5:51 pm

Hi Joe, just renewed my Glove Collector subscription via Paypal payment online. Thanks, I can't wait to receive my first issue. -Staci
Alas, my glove is better than my game.
Gamer and most prized possession: Nokona Buffalo personalized with my name in script AMG175BF
The "Backup": 2009 Rawlings black GG12XTCB
wickedwoman11
Veteran Glove Poster

Return to Not a Glove But Still Cool