WORST Uniforms!!

Share your bats, catchers equipment, trophies, pinbacks, pennants, etc., discuss sports or other collecting interests

Postby ristankor » June 25th, 2008, 9:48 pm

Oh, and the current White Sox. Black and silver? Lousy.
ristankor
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby Cowboy7130 » June 26th, 2008, 12:56 am

To me, one of the things that makes the solid orange so bad, is that it is juxtaposed with a home and road uniform in Baltimore during that era that was so GOOD! Simple lines, classic script lettering for "Orioles" and "Baltimore," good primary colors contrast between the orange and black (although that combination can be done HIDEOUSLY - i.e. the Cincy Bengals), contrasting bill on the cap, and the cartoon Oriole that was both playful and instantly recognized as a symbol of a very good franchise. Oh, and the colors actually are the colors of the real oriole bird! How cool is that?! 8)
Yes, I still have my first glove.
Cowboy7130
Gold Glove Poster

Postby h2o-x » July 15th, 2008, 12:54 am

I like the new Padres colors, but I appreciated the old ones as well. I always thought that the brown must have been based on the brown robes that the real Padres wore back in the day.

I have been a Cubs fan for almost as long as I have been alive. I grew up in southern Wisconsin and one of my earliest and most frequent memories is of my mother listening to the Cubs games on WGN radio back in the mid 60's when I was toddler. (Which she still does today.) I love virtually everything about the Cubs: the logo, the colors, the ballpark, the players, the history... ALMOST everything... I really disliked the Cubs baby blue pinstripe road uniforms. They lacked all dignity. They were ALMOST as bad as that ridiculous Brewers' MB shaped into a baseball glove logo. To me, that logo is ALMOST as bad an NHL team being named the Mighty Ducks. Talk about no dignity! But, that's a different forum.
h2o-x
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby fuzzydogg22 » July 15th, 2008, 4:23 pm

i must say my favorite unis were the d-backs in 01' when they won the ws. they just flowed :)
fuzzydogg22
Gold Glove Poster

Previous

Return to Not a Glove But Still Cool