Where have you been?

Share your bats, catchers equipment, trophies, pinbacks, pennants, etc., discuss sports or other collecting interests

Where have you been?

Postby Bravosin99 » June 8th, 2008, 2:31 pm

Inspired from MVLAZ's post on Fenway I decided it might be cool to see all the parks fellow collectors have been to. By the way I am very jealous of you MVLAZ it has been a dream of mine to see a game from the top of the monster.
I have been lucky enough to travel a little and visit a few great parks here they are: (Which ones have you seen)???

1. Wrigley Field (No place better to see a game then the Wrigley Field Bleachers) I want my ashes spread there :lol:
2. US Cellular (Home of the White Sox)
3. Citizens Bank Park (Home of the Phillies) This is my second favorite park I have seen a game at.
4. Camden Yards (Home of the Orioles)
5. Chase Field (Home of the Diamond Backs)

This is me and the best announcer in baseball Bob Brenley in the bleachers at Wrigley Field.
Dad and I in front of the legendary Harry Carey.
Dad and I took a trip up to Wrigley while they were refurbishing the bleachers. It was a good time even made off with a few bricks!! I guess it pays off buying some of the construction workers coffee on a cold day :lol:
Bravosin99
Gold Glove Poster

Postby fuzzydogg22 » June 8th, 2008, 5:57 pm

Good topic Bravosin! I have been to a few stadiums including:

The "old" Busch stadium (cardinals)
The "new" Busch
Minute Maid Park (Astros) actually im in Houston right now and just watched the cards whip up on the stros :lol: and am staying for their next two series'
fuzzydogg22
Gold Glove Poster

Postby mittmutt » June 8th, 2008, 7:39 pm

This is a fun topic. I've been to Candlestick,old Busch, Mile High [original Rockies], Fenway and Qualcom [Padres]. Nothing for me can compare to the feel of Fenway although Busch was special too. My daughter and I caught the last weekend there, what great memories.
mittmutt
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby vintagebrett » June 8th, 2008, 8:39 pm

Major League Parks I've been to:
-Fenway Park
-Yankee Stadium
-Turner Field
-Camden Yards
-Wrigley Field
-US Cellular aka Comiskey Park
-RFK (before the Nats moved out this year)
-Coors Field
-Miller Park
Last edited by vintagebrett on June 25th, 2008, 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Postby MVALZ » June 8th, 2008, 8:58 pm

How about this one....I've caught foul balls in Yankme (hit by Willie Randolph) , Shea (Sosa) and Fenway (Damon).
MVALZ
Gold Glove Poster

Thanks

Postby Bravosin99 » June 8th, 2008, 9:02 pm

Thanks guys for sharing....

Brett how did you feel about Camden Yards...I was really excited to go to a game there from having all the memories of Ripken but I guess it wasn't really what I thought it would be...I dunno I guess it just didn't spark my interest as much as some of the other parks...

I am going on vacation here in a few weeks out to the east coast with my best friend we are going to stop and catch another game at Citizens Bank on the way out...I caught a BP ball there last year that about took my hand off lol...I am thinking about taking a splitfinger with me this year...

Thanks again to all that are sharing.......Josh
Bravosin99
Gold Glove Poster

Postby fuzzydogg22 » June 8th, 2008, 9:06 pm

nice mark :shock:

but how about this one?

in 2003 (i think) i was at a cardinals game. it was at busch, and was the last game before the all-star break. We were playing the Cubbies, so naturally i was down the 1st base line trying to get some autographs 8) . Anyway, the cards reliever Steve Kline waked up and i asked for an autograph. he told he would give me one with one condition; heckle kyle farnsworth :evil: so i stand up and just start screaming at Farnsworth to throw the baseball like a man. Needless to say, Kline gave me a nice auto :lol:
fuzzydogg22
Gold Glove Poster

Postby MVALZ » June 8th, 2008, 9:18 pm

I've been to Camden Yards a few times and really enjoyed it. Has a great feel, sightlines, charm and tons of Sox fans. Also known as Fenway South. I saw Cal break Brooks' record for most games played as an Oriole...Mussina's first game back after he joined NY and have had many of Boog's sandwiches out in right field.
MVALZ
Gold Glove Poster

BP balls

Postby Bravosin99 » June 8th, 2008, 9:26 pm

Last year at Wrigley during the actual game D-Lee hit a bomb and it ended up smoking the drunk chick in front of us in the hand...She didn't get the ball but she got a hand swollen the size of a softball LOL....Felt bad for her....If I wouldn't have been in shock that the ball was coming right for me I probably could have leaned forward and caught it :roll: ....

The BP balls I have caught at Wrigley were hit by Matt Stairs, Mike Cameron and Jason Werth

On the autogragh side one year I was at spring training, I was probably around 10, and Greg Maddux was walking in between fields and I yelled to him and just asked him for a pictures and he looked at me and said NO...but you can have my bat :shock: .....that is still one of my favorite memories
Bravosin99
Gold Glove Poster

Postby fuzzydogg22 » June 8th, 2008, 9:29 pm

nice one bravo! you win :cry:
fuzzydogg22
Gold Glove Poster

Postby drzubia8 » June 9th, 2008, 12:57 am

Still several more to go but I can mark these off my list.

Chase Field
Petco Park
Dodger Stadium
Wrigley Field

Go D-backs!
drzubia8
Veteran Glove Poster

lemme see ...

Postby Cowboy7130 » June 9th, 2008, 2:13 am

1. The old Astrodome, once - even as a little kid I felt like it was a cavern and no place to watch baseball.
2. The old Arlington Stadium, about a half-dozen times as a youth and young adult.
3. Mile High, once - the expansion Rockies defeated the Cubs on July 4th. "Mile High" described our seats. Ex-wife was from Denver ...
4. The Ballpark in Arlington, a half-dozen times or so. - One of my favorite places in the world. I was there the day the Rangers retired #34.
5. Coors Field, 3 times - great ballpark! Had a connection at school ... Dante Bichette's uncle ... told me to tell him when we were going to be in Denver, and he would have "Danny" get tickets for us. *yeah Right! :roll: * Well ... he did! We sat about 10 rows back down the third base line in left field ... I walked down to the railing and hollered at Bichette between innings "thanks for the tickets! Your Uncle Raul says hello!" and he smiled and tipped his cap at me! Another connection from college, an old football player buddy of mine was (is?) a VP of marketing for the Rockies. He got us GREAT seats about 10 rows behind home when the Braves were in town one time. I wanted to see Maddux, Smoltz, or Glavine pitch, but I THINK I saw Kevin Millwood make his major league debut that day for the Braves. My friend gave us a tour of the Rockies' offices in the stadium (swanky!), and at the end of the game, we were in the press box and he let my 6-year-old son press the button that set off the fountains in center field that celebrated the Rockies' victory over the Braves that day.

6. Maybe not a big league park, but Sky Sox Stadium in Colorado Springs is a really nice ballpark to watch a game! :lol: 8)
Good times!
Yes, I still have my first glove.
Cowboy7130
Gold Glove Poster

Postby vintagebrett » June 9th, 2008, 6:01 am

I caught a Sosa foul ball as well at Wrigley. I went to work the next week and the art teacher says to me "Nice catch, but who the heck wears a Hartford Whalers shirt to a Cubs game?" Apparently I made the WGN broadcast with my fashion statement. :lol:
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Postby oldballfan » June 9th, 2008, 10:12 am

the old Vet. Stadium (Phillies)
The old Montreal Stadium
Toronto Stadium
I have taken the tour of Camden Yard with my wife and daughter, but have not yet caught a game there.

Bravosin99 next time you get to Baltimore take the tour, and there also is the Babe Ruth Museum that is now on the grounds of the stadium....it used to be several blocks away......check it out, it's worth your time.
George Frazier, pitcher 1978 - 1987......
I don't put any foreign substances on the baseball. Everything I use is from the good old U.S.A.
oldballfan
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby robin_buckeye » June 9th, 2008, 11:59 am

Crosley Field
Fenway (saw Ted Williams hit a home run)
Riverfront
Candlestick
Dodger Stadium
Kingdome (NFL game)
Great American Ballpark
LA Coliseum (NFL game)
Anaheim Stadium (NFL game)
Mile High (preseason Cubs v Mariners 1985)
Pacific Bell Park, SBC Park, AT&T Park (whatever they call the place where the Giants play)
Oakland Coliseum
Lots of minor league and college parks
I might remember some more
robin_buckeye
Veteran Glove Poster

Next

Return to Not a Glove But Still Cool