Catch Partner

Share your bats, catchers equipment, trophies, pinbacks, pennants, etc., discuss sports or other collecting interests

Catch Partner

Postby opticsp » June 1st, 2008, 1:53 am

Hello:

Since all of you are such fine people, I thought I would ask if anyone on this list lives in Brooklyn, New York, and would like a catch partner. I am having trouble finding some one to throw with that does not have to borrow a glove in order to play.

Anyone interested can just pm me.

Thank you.
opticsp
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby No-Lite-Toe » August 25th, 2008, 10:03 pm

I'm also looking for a catch partner. I throw with my brother when he gets the chance. But he's lost a lot of zip and range on the ball. I'm in Hackensack. Brooklyn is a bit too far, even to meet halfway.
No-Lite-Toe
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby cubfaithful » November 26th, 2008, 11:33 pm

Hi opticsp,
I realize you posted this a long time ago but since since its Nov. and very cold here in nw Indiana I'm looking at alot on this forum. So I'm just wondering, did you ever find a catch partner? I read this topic when I was just a guest, before I joined - so I've noticed over time that your very knowledgable about gloves and the game. I'm sure if I lived even 50 miles from you I'd play catch with you in a heartbeat! Having someone to "have a catch with" is something alot of people might take for granted...especially if that someone is into the game as much as you. I go to extra measures to make sure I'm always in-shape to play catch aggresivly with my 26 year-old son 3-4 days a week...or he might find someone more capable(ha). Anyway, sorry bout all the drivel but you seem like an alright guy so I'm hoping you did find someone(with their own glove that is). Take it easy...

Eddie
cubfaithful
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby wjr953 » November 27th, 2008, 12:30 am

Last edited by wjr953 on December 6th, 2008, 3:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
wjr953

Postby No-Lite-Toe » November 28th, 2008, 10:58 pm

Only had three catches this year. The last catch with a youngblood that just started working with us. After that one time it got a little too cold. My godson is too hard to catch up with. He is a college player. Next summer should be better. Right now it's time for indoor batting. If you're going to be in the north NJ area, when the weather warms up, give me a pm. I have several mitts I never used yet. :(
No-Lite-Toe
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby opticsp » November 29th, 2008, 2:39 am

Eddie:

Thanks for the compliments. I never did find anyone on this list to play catch with. Can it be that no one else out of the 9 million people that live around collects gloves :!: I have played with a friend of mine but not too often. He's a Wall Street guy so doesn't make enough time.

Anyway, thanks and if anyone out there is in New York for a weekend, come on over. I live three blocks from the park and about a twenty minute walk from the site of Ebbets Field!
opticsp
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby glovin » December 2nd, 2008, 3:22 am

any so-cal (SD and OC) collectors want to play some catch?
glovin
Veteran Glove Poster

Return to Not a Glove But Still Cool