Converted some glove $$ to W.S. tickets for Game 2 Thurs.

Share your bats, catchers equipment, trophies, pinbacks, pennants, etc., discuss sports or other collecting interests

Converted some glove $$ to W.S. tickets for Game 2 Thurs.

Postby GloveGypsy » October 26th, 2007, 4:23 pm

Scored them near Cask and Flagon on the street outside and just below the Green Monster. Me and my buddy from Little Rock worked it like two junkies desperate for a fix.

Felt like I was buying crack or something with all the Policemen around. Sellers exchanged cash for tickets in the blink of an eye. Fortunately the cops were not in the mood to interfere with my clandestine transaction, and I remained a free man for the evening.

Clear weather and a full, fall moon overhung the game.

Pitcher perfect nite. (Pun intended)
-Glove Gypsy
GloveGypsy
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby vintagebrett » October 26th, 2007, 5:04 pm

My brother and I also attended Game 2. It was such an incredible experience. I'll post pictures when I have fully recovered from getting home at 3:00 a.m., going to work for 7 a.m. and just getting home late this afternoon. 8)
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Postby BretMan » October 26th, 2007, 11:35 pm

I must say that I envy you guys! It would be fantastic to have the chance to attend championship games in this sort of atmosphere.

I was seriously hoping that I would have the chance to attend a World Series game in Cleveland this year, but that didn't quite work out...
BretMan
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Postby vintagebrett » October 27th, 2007, 8:08 am

Being at a World Series game is something that every baseball fan should have a chance to experience. From hearing the National Anthem to the actual game, it is so fun. Game 2 was quite good as well - the Sox had plenty of chances to bust open the game but couldn't get that clutch hit. Fortunately, the pitching was incredible. I think this was the first game I've been at in a while where people actually were in their seats (or standing) and now constantly going back and forth to get beer. :)

Here is a picture of part of Boston from the top of the right field bleachers. The Prudential building was lit up with "Go Sox." The full moon made it even cooler!

The scoreboard in centerfield welcomed us to the game:

And finally, my brother and I at the game (I'm the much better looking one on the left.)

vintagebrett
Site Admin

Postby MVALZ » October 27th, 2007, 11:26 am

Now thats why they're called Bleacher Creatures!

Thats where I sat for Opening Day...good views.

Did the less handsome one light up his victory cigar? :lol:
MVALZ
Gold Glove Poster

Right Field Seats

Postby robin_buckeye » October 27th, 2007, 11:41 am

That is about where I sat for my first Red Sox Game. I saw Ted Williams hit a home run (just over the wall right in front of us) and Jimmy Piersall (playing for the Indians) hit two, one cleared the screen above the Green Monster.
robin_buckeye
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby vintagebrett » October 27th, 2007, 11:43 am

Surprisingly, he didn't have his cigars with him. He would have had plenty of time to smoke it before we got back to the car (no smoking in my car!) but I guess the thrill of the game was enough for him.

We were just down the row from the famous "red" seat where Ted Williams hit the "longest" home run in Fenway history. Although, I'm sure Bo Jackson would have something to say about that....
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Postby BretMan » October 27th, 2007, 12:59 pm

A shot from my first, last and only Red Sox game- though it wasn't officially a "game" as this was taken March 17, 2007 in Fort Meyers, Florida at their spring training complex.

Here, Manny and Youk stretch it out before the match-up against Cincinnati. Check out the green St. Patty's Day uniforms!

Certainly not the magnitude of a World Series game...but the weather was a whole lot nicer!

BretMan

Last?

Postby robin_buckeye » October 27th, 2007, 6:56 pm

Why last?
robin_buckeye
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby BretMan » October 28th, 2007, 1:44 am

That was just a way to emphasize that this was the ONLY Sox game I've ever attended in my life. Quite literally, that was indeed the last one- until I have a chance to see another one!

I didn't mean "last" as in "never again". To the contrary, I most likely will be in Florida for spring training next year, as I am most every year, and would jump at the chance to see them again. The atmosphere generated by the packed house of rabid Red Sox fans made for one of my most enjoyable spring training experiences.
BretMan

Red Sox are the New Yankees?

Postby GloveGypsy » October 28th, 2007, 7:21 am

Ever since Grady's fateful decision to leave Pedro on the mound and Aaron Boone's walk-off HR in 2003, it has been amazing to watch the Red Sox swing from the depths of agony and frustration to being the indomitable force in MLB.

My business takes me to Boston several times each year and I always make time for a game if the Sox are in town. Fenway is a magical place.
-Glove Gypsy
GloveGypsy
Veteran Glove Poster

RSN!

Postby MVALZ » October 30th, 2007, 5:24 pm

A beautiful day for a Duck Boat ride. Good times at the rally today. The new banner outside Fenway looks great. :D
MVALZ
Gold Glove Poster

Postby vintagebrett » October 30th, 2007, 6:39 pm

Thanks for posting the pics! My wife will enjoy the Ellsbury pic! 8)
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Return to Not a Glove But Still Cool