Glove of the week: Sept 30 – Oct 7 (Macgregor KC3)

Discuss interesting gloves listed on eBay or other auction houses.

Glove of the week: Sept 30 – Oct 7 (Macgregor KC3)

Postby burker72 » October 12th, 2007, 10:29 pm

Well, here are some rare newer models, and a couple of models that I have to say are what I love about the hobby and typify classic vintage styling.

From forum member Glove-works we saw a supreme example of a rare 1965-1966 MacGregor KC3 Kangaroo Leather Pro Pitcher's glove. This glove is listed in the ’66 catalog for $53, a top of the line glove for sure. This glove is nearly flawless, off-the shelf mint and earned a nice sum of $910 on 17 bids. We probably won’t be seeing another one of these anytime soon though. I love old MacGregor gloves, and I’ll always insist that it is a sad story that they turned into such a low quality manufacturer. I do have a Nokona kangaroo leather glove and I'll say they do have a unique feel to them. The leather feels super light, almost as if it could easily tear.

The Rawling BD personal model fielder’s glove was a mainstay in the line, produced from 1950 – 1958. Although not the most expensive glove in the line, a BD model assures a high quality glove. From Bruce Rodgers, this is a great example, and deservingly earned him $163 on 9 bids.

A great combination of quality, style, and a meaningful endorser, this Brooks Robinson (personal model) right handed Heart of the Hide TT 10 model earned $156 on 15 bids. From what I can tell this glove was only produced from ’65-68. Even in only good condition I’ll put this glove on the list any day.

Another classic from Bruce Rodgers, is this 1940s era MacGregor-Goldsmith DW Joe Cronin model. I think this is everything that is right about the hobby. For just $150 (after 9 bids) a collector can get a glove with a popular Boston endorser, in great shape, and with tons of characters. Better yet, you can put it on the shelf, or go out and play with it. This one is an absolute stunner, a beautiful, simple vintage glove.

burker72
Veteran Glove Poster

Return to Vintage Glove of the Month