Glove of the week: July 30 – August 4 (GS Hoyt, Jack Shann

Discuss interesting gloves listed on eBay or other auction houses.

Glove of the week: July 30 – August 4 (GS Hoyt, Jack Shann

Postby burker72 » August 5th, 2007, 7:36 am

I know the dates for this posting are a bit off, but it looks like I covered 8 days in some previous posting and wanted to get back to the time period covering a Sunday to Saturday time frame.

So it looks like we had a very slow week on eBay this week. Personally, I picked up two gloves at the National. As much as I like buying gloves on eBay, it was a reminder just how great it is to buy them in person. The gloves were alright, nothing to really write home about, but it was still great to see and handle them before buying. Unfortunately I’ve never had great luck at the flea markets or antique shows of Western NY. So it is seldom that I feel the thrill of happening on a box of old gloves to look through, so when it does happen it is a real thrill. BTW, I picked up a Ken Wel 524S Bill Myers model and an OK 758 Peter Reiser model. I’ll post pictures on the “Nationalâ€
burker72
Veteran Glove Poster

Billy Myers

Postby 1glove2many » August 5th, 2007, 3:36 pm

Any pics of the Billy Myers.He's an old Redleg.
1glove2many
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby burker72 » August 8th, 2007, 4:41 pm

Here are a couple of pics of the Myers glove. I like the short fingers on the glove. They look unique and give the glove a good feel when holding a baseball. The lining is ok and the buckle is kind of underwhelming, but I am a sucker for Ken Wels. I plan on doing some clean up work on this glove and will post pics as I go along.

Image[/url]

Image[/url]
burker72
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby vintagebrett » August 14th, 2007, 1:33 pm

My dad finally got the 1B mitt in the mail. Here are a couple of pictures - I'll let him describe the glove:

vintagebrett
Site Admin

Return to Vintage Glove of the Month