Best of September 2013

Discuss interesting gloves listed on eBay or other auction houses.

Re: Best of September 2013

Postby GloveCrazy » October 1st, 2013, 8:56 pm

I know we are about to move on to October but I just wanted to thank those who pointed out the deceptipe practices earlier this month. I come to the forum for many things, and one of them is to be enlightened on sellers who seem to want to put one over on us. It hurts when it is one of our own, but it is what it is. No reighndeer games for him.

As for that one strange post that tried to justify the deception because of last month's posts I have to call BS, and refer to my friend Danny Elfman of Oingo Boingo when he penned "Only a Lad." If anyone's takeaway from last month was we should be more deceptive than that's solely on them. All I can say is practicing deception is rarely a successful longterm business model. There are a large number of deep pocket bidders who pay attention to those who don't describe accurately and don't bid -- at all -- on the their items.
Trade with Rob
GloveCrazy
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Postby GloveCrazy » October 1st, 2013, 9:28 pm

theglovester wrote:My computer is acting like a Union General...

Victorious?

Sorry Don, but that was low hanging fruit and I had to jump on it. Nice Stall & Dean Speed. I used to own it but got talked out of it right after buying an expensive Alexander. I always liked the way that one was broken in and its golden color.

I missed that dang black Riddle. Whoever got it send me a private message or email (glovecrazy@aol.com) and we'll begin trade talks.
Trade with Rob
GloveCrazy
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Postby theglovester » October 1st, 2013, 11:49 pm

Rob it the S&D pictured with the fielders mitt, has the wrist strap that fell off,(resewn through the original holes William!!) Yeah got two this month, the S&D you mentioned came first (the honey colored one) and the other a week later... Funny, wished for one for years and got two within a week.

Now I have had a great year so far, and paid a lot for me $125-150 for a SticK on Hand mitt and another $125 for a G105 Mays, but got a KB Ford Critz for $47 and this S&D Alexander for $35. A win for my humble collection.

How do I finance my collection well, I have a glove banking checking account only to my ebay account, One bushel of beans bought the KB!! (I picked 14 bushels) and when calves sell I add a couple Hundred, I save change in a jar and when full add it to the account, I ebay gloves from flea mkt, yard sales, or from my collection once a year, and up grade. So yeah, "Pen Hooking" an auction yanks my chain when I want to go buying as a "BIG DOG" as it seldom happens. My only recourse is to never own a glove from a certain seller, That is MY CHOICE!! Even if it is a mint DD Dean for a dollar. Do what you want as a buyer/seller, me I sleep at night, and it's not a game to make a buck.

I have given stuff to collectors on here and do it out of friendship, not wanting anything in return!!! WHY, IT'S a HOBBY to a bunch of us! I gave william a leather splitter to help him fix gloves, I FIX GLOVES, "Why Help Him?" Because, He's damn good and didn't have one. Joe is expecting a box of I can't say, JD is my field market analyast. Robbie in GA Helps also, Rob M, we have know each other a long time, Jerry F, Mark W, et al. Great guys. heck may just buy your seconds and forget ebay, still have a heck of a collection..By the way have a box started for Dave already, Pretty neat stuff, let us know when your ready.

Anyway, Looking intently at the Biddle glove sporting the Rawlings "PRIMO" sewed seam repair, pretty cool.
theglovester
Gold Glove Poster

Postby chippalini » October 9th, 2013, 10:33 pm

I'm with GloveCrazy--how did I miss the black Riddle UA? Y'all know how I love the military models.
chippalini
Veteran Glove Poster

Previous

Return to Vintage Glove of the Month