Rawlings Brooks Robinson TT 55

Discuss interesting gloves listed on eBay or other auction houses.

Rawlings Brooks Robinson TT 55

Postby CoachG40 » January 4th, 2013, 5:22 pm

Hi there. New member here.

I recently found this glove on German Ebay. I did some Google searching and the only thing I could find was a brochure of this model from 1963.

Does anyone here know anything else about it? The thing is practically unused. Smells a bit like cigarette smoke but hey, it's from a different era.

My guess is it came to Germany with some soldier and sat in an attic for all this time.

Unfortunately it isn't Heart of the Hide. The leather is really light and supple, compared to a modern glove. I'd say it's almost like pig skin or something. It would probably fall apart rather quickly with use. The lacing doesn't look very robust.

Please feel free to respond to this post if you know anything about this model.

Thanks!

edit: posted this in the wrong subtopic. Mod please move to the appropriate one. Sorry.
Attachments
Glove1.jpg
glove2.jpg
CoachG40
Rookie Glove Poster

Re: Rawlings Brooks Robinson TT 55

Postby mikesglove » January 4th, 2013, 9:17 pm

Clever idea looking on German ebay. The glove is a mid line Rawlings, about half the price of an HOH glove. You could find more catalog info at http://www.baseballglovecollector.com It is really great looking and has a lot going for it. The glove is close to mint condition, a Trapeze model and endorsed by a popular player.
mikesglove
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Re: Rawlings Brooks Robinson TT 55

Postby okdoak » January 4th, 2013, 11:29 pm

Mike is spot on as usual. Your glove was made from 1963-65 and retailed for just under $20. Rawlings top line Trapeze model TTP went for $43.50 those years. It is in beautiful condition, like it was never used. Ausgezeichnet! :)
okdoak
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Return to Vintage Glove of the Month