Glove of the week: Apr 28 – May 4 (1" Pennant)

Discuss interesting gloves listed on eBay or other auction houses.

Glove of the week: Apr 28 – May 4 (1" Pennant)

Postby burker72 » May 5th, 2007, 9:29 pm

A near mint Pennant brand 1â€
burker72
Veteran Glove Poster

The Reach Full Web / Not a Ruth.... but....

Postby Mike**Mize » May 9th, 2007, 1:09 am

Here in NYC our building is wired by Time Warner. We've had a few very windy days in the past few weeks and last Friday afternoon some key cables were separated from the building facade. Everything went down (TV, Internet and phone) and flickered on and off until Sunday morning when repairs were made. I was looking at this Reach Full Web all last week. I would have loved a chance to win it. Sadly it ended Friday night. If you take a look at the other stuff these folks were selling, it's clear they are not glove people. They sell jeans and shoes. My thought was, "Who cares what they want to hope it is. It really can't be a Ruth, but it's a beautiful early Full Web, buckskin or white leather with a nice looking early wool lining. I would have loved a shot at it.

I visited the National Pastime site today. I'd almost forgotten it was there. They have several gloves including some very early ones and the guy there cut me a deal on a pretty nice looking D&M Full Web not listed or pictured on the site, but way better than the nice ones pictured. It's absolutely a place to check out every now and then. Nice helpful people. You can also call them up and they'll e-mail pics if you need to see more...and they ship the same day. :D
Mike**Mize
Gold Glove Poster

same glove?

Postby Deacon » May 17th, 2007, 7:49 am

ebay listing #190113303832 & #150117141354
if so, great clean up
Deacon
Veteran Glove Poster

Same Glove (?) Looks like it to me.

Postby Mike**Mize » May 17th, 2007, 9:00 am

:?: This has got to be one of the quickest turn arounds I've seen. Looks like the same glove. I copied photos of both fronts and put them side by side. Clearly we could all benefit from a "white glove clean up" seminar with this guy. He'll probably triple his money.
Mike**Mize
Gold Glove Poster

Postby Deacon » May 17th, 2007, 9:54 am

A seminar is definately in order, what a clean up job.
But, I think I would have kept this beauty.
I should have been a little more aggressive in my bid...bridesmaid.
Deacon
Veteran Glove Poster

Absolutely

Postby Mike**Mize » May 17th, 2007, 11:25 am

I absolutely agree. That glove has "keeper" written all over it (in invisable ink).
Mike**Mize
Gold Glove Poster

Return to Vintage Glove of the Month