Glove of the week: Mar 17 - Mar 23

Discuss interesting gloves listed on eBay or other auction houses.

Glove of the week: Mar 17 - Mar 23

Postby burker72 » March 26th, 2007, 1:15 am

How could you ever get bored in this hobby? what a great week. On the down side, I've had the hardest time writing this week's posting - just technical issues. Well, I'm throwing in the white towel and will let the pics do the talking, fortunately, we had plenty of great gloves this week...

Spalding Joe DiMaggio "231" model - $1380 (so many great attributes, plus it is a Joe DiMaggio endorsement)

Rawlings Lutzke style (presumably with a Doak endorsement) - $612

Lowe and Campbell Hornsby model (I think the single tunnel web is a great look, see next glove too) - $306

Stall and Dean Woody English "8061" model - $89 (absolutely the buy of the week, I would have thought this was a $250 glove)

White Spalding fielder's glove - $81 (another great buy despite an inscription on the back, the palm side of the glove though looks great, nice price for a white glove).

And then there is the Sonnett Dixie Walker "34F" model and the famed MacGregor Snare "GS" model. Neither of these seem to have a reasonable explanation, I'm not sure what was going on there. Nonetheless, the Sonnett brought in $89 and the always popular MacGregor, $200+.

burker72
Veteran Glove Poster

Return to Vintage Glove of the Month